KEEPER OF THE LOST - Flyin' Monkey Films & MattSpat Films

Rodney V. Smith

DVXFest Promo Guru
1234999239.jpg

WATCH KEEPER OF THE LOST

TAGLINE: Even the lost have a home

Synopsis: He finds the lost toys, the lost rings... anything that is lost he finds and takes care of. Sometimes he even finds people...

​

1234997621.jpg


KEEPER OF THE LOST - TRAILER

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/309cdabf1a1deac3be
Starring: Robert Nolan, Jessica Sinclair, Matt Spataro
Directed by Matt Spataro
Filmed and Edited by Rodney Smith
Music by Damian Sanchez

FEATURING THE MUSIC OF:
Sarah Daly "Out of Time"
http://www.myspace.com/meandmy4track


PRODUCTION CREW
Story by: Rodney Smith
Directed by: Matt Spataro
Gaffer/Key Grip: Anthony Ranieri
Grip: Aaron Peever

POST-PRODUCTION CREW
Composer: Damian Sanchez
Visual F/X: Eric Bray
Editor: Rodney Smith
Post-Production Sound Mix: Anthony Jackson
ADR, Foley and SFX: Rodney Smith

Production Date: February 14-15
Production Co: Flyin' Monkey Films & MattSpatt Films
Location: Toronto, Canada


​
 
Last edited:
Casting

Casting


CAST

1234981932.jpg
1234982002.jpg


Starring:
Robert Nolan as "Anthony"
Jessica Sinclair as "the Girl"
Matt Spataro as "Scruffy Punk"

and featuring:
Evan Andrew Maguire-Smith as "the baby"
Allison Maguire as "the Young Mother"
Amanda Newsom as "Girl on the Phone"
Sam as "Hot Dog Guy"
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Screen captures

Screen captures

Screenshots, no color correction:

keeper5.jpg

Robert Nolan as "Anthony"

keeper4.jpg

Matt Spataro, Robert Nolan and Jessica Sinclair

keeper2.jpg

Robert Nolan and Jessica Sinclair

keeper1.jpg

Jessica Sinclair as "the Girl"

keeper6.jpg

Robert Nolan and Jessica Sinclair on Spadina Ave, Toronto

keeper7.jpg

Broadview St, Toronto

keeper8.jpg

Robert Nolan as "Anthony"

keeper11.jpg

Jessica Sinclair as "the Girl"

keeper14.jpg
 
Last edited:
A NOTE ABOUT COMPOSERS
DAMIAN SANCHEZ on Keeper of the Lost
www.damiansanchez.com
Check out Damian's music here: http://ghennek.001webs.com/music.html

Scoring for Lossfest: Keeper of the Lost, Falling Up, Mr Stupendous, A Safe Place To Be, The Sudden Realization of a Long-Time Believer in the Mundane

I've had Damian working overtime just perfecting this score, and everything he's put out has been phenomenal. He actually ended up writing separate music for the trailer that still kept the theme of the movie. The original music I had used on the podcasts was his as well, but it was a potential theme for a separate project we were working on together. When "Keeper" started coming together, I immediately tried out that theme, but it just didn;t fit with the movie itself.

So Damian had to start from scratch. He'd actually had the script for a couple of weeks before we started shooting so that had given him some time to come up with some ideas. When I wrapped on day one, I edited and immediately uploaded the roughcut to him so he could start getting the theme together.

The immediate edit at the end of Day One actually helped on more fronts than just helping move Damian along in the compostion stage. It also allowed us to see what he had in the can and what scenes were working... and if something was missing, due to either lack of coverage or whatever. So we were abel to tell exactly what pickup shots we needed to fix any particular scene from Day One.

Anyway, Damian had been tremendously flexible throughout this project. He returned the main theme to me almost immediately and I absolutely loved it. When we did the 6 minute edit though, a lot had to be trimmed from the front of the film, so the original opening music can only be heard on the 10 minute version of this film. The strains are still there, but Damian had to rework it to fit within the new timespace.

Working with a composer is challenging, but finding the right composer to work with is extremely rewarding, especially when he can interpret what you;re saying into music. I'm not sayign everything was perfect. Of course there were times we had to rework and then rework a scene again and again, but when it clicked and it felt right... that was awesome.

Herman had better watch out: Damian is pretty damned good, and with more work and exposure, he'll do some great things.
 
Last edited:
So this film is all Matt's fault. He said he needed a script and I told him I'd see what I came up with. Now this is an idea I'd been kicking around since December, and had so far only existed as a series of "what ifs" with no real story behind it. It was kind of percolating and just getting ripe. So when Matt requested, Ithis is what I came up with and I said: "Damn. I'm producing this even if Matt doesn't want to." Turns out that he does, so here we are... with my second entry for Lossfest.

I'll be producing and Director of Photography on this one. Matt will direct and I'll try to guide him as best I can.
 
I reserve this spot just to reserve it, cuz i can. that is all for now.

Rogan

(btw this is by far Rodney's greatest writing I've read, no pressure Rodney) :D
 
This sounds like a great idea that could be turned into a fantastic film if done with the right amount of finesse, honesty, and sensitivity. I'm looking forward to it. :beer:
 
This sounds like a great idea that could be turned into a fantastic film if done with the right amount of finesse, honesty, and sensitivity. I'm looking forward to it. :beer:

Well honesty we have in spades. As for sensitivity and finesse... well no promises there! :grin:

The script is a very strong one and think it would take a serious amount of mucking about to screw it up. And since that's not going to happen....
 
Well honesty we have in spades. As for sensitivity and finesse... well no promises there! :grin:

The script is a very strong one and think it would take a serious amount of mucking about to screw it up. And since that's not going to happen....

There will be no mucking about...

Rogan
 
HAH! Mark I saw that post where you were joking about doing two entries. Funny thing is...We had already planned on doing this entry before you said that. I just laughed to myself when I saw that :P
 
Back
Top