Just Entered..!

I thought this film was very interesting and set a great mood. I just wasn't impressed by the lead though - he was a little over-the-top for my taste and I just didn't buy the performance.

The direction was very strong though - I really wish you had compressed this film to 50MB instead of 28 so everything was a bit crisper. Nice job overall. And the dog was great :)


Yeah we were down to the wire getting it in and were having computer troubles. It seemed to be 70mb or 28... just didn't have the time to figure it out. :)
 
i really liked this! everything panned out so well, no questions turning after watching, the irony was great! you're going to do well!
 
Very cool film. The lead was great. Very specific character based performance.

I liked him drawing on his desk with chalk. I wish the shot where we pull out on his desk was a little higher, so we could see more of the chalk drawings.

Nice work dealing with an animal.

SPOILER:



I liked the reveal that the dog wasn't real.

Interesting ending.

The film has a great tone and quality to it. Lacks a certain "oumph" though.

Yeah, agreeing with Will, don't forget to do the best compression you can. It's one of the more annoying things of making a film for the web, but it can affect people's enjoyment.
 
There's something dark, and eerily sinister behind Kreacher's beady puppy-dog eyes that is haunting to recall. :grin:

Kudos.

I liked your leads performance for the most part. I do see the Michael Rooker craziness in him, as well as a sort of childishness but at times it was too much and I think he would have improved if there was a clearer change in his emotions or a more internal subtlety about him to make him more believable.
 
I don't understand why this film isn't getting a lot more attention. It's great!

What a fantastic payoff. Loved it.

Beautiful set design. Black, white, tan (skin tones, pizza box, chair, dog treat). Sweet attention to detail. Oh, and one red rag - excluding ext. shots of course! Nice palette.

One glitch. Your dude looked at the phone a nano-second before it rang.

Really enjoyed this one lot. Excellent work.

One of my high marks!


alex
 
I don't understand why this film isn't getting a lot more attention. It's great!

alex

Mainly because it's in the wrong place. Maybe we can get mod to move it and link it from the download page?

Interesting film you have here. I like it. it flowed well, good cinematography, movement, acting... it was a solid film all the way around.

His insanity and the portrayal of it is quite a thing to behold. Especially how he draws and seems to wait for the time when the dog returns to him. Conjured from the chalk... a modern day conjurer. Dog appears, chalk all gone...

Funny, the dude reminds me a lot of the John Locke character from "Lost" especially in intonation.

How many things in this apartment are conjured anyway?

And how many times must he relive this day?

My kudos to Peter and to Kreacher. Excellent job all around. More people need to watch this movie dammit! Watch it right now!
 
Interesting flick. Nice edit, acting was almost there. I guess I'm missing something, cause the story illudes me. I've watched twice & must just be missing something (so many films, so little time), please forgive.

One thing I know for sure... that was the ugliest cat I've ever seen in my life! :)

Keep up the good work, I'll be watching.
 
One thing I know for sure... that was the ugliest cat I've ever seen in my life! :)

Keep up the good work, I'll be watching.


Cat? hahaha definitely ugly.

On a side note, now we have 2 threads going. I msged the admin but nothin has happened yet. Thanks for the feedback everyone! :Drogar-Smoke(DBG):
 
Last edited:
This was very cool, I enjoyed it! The actor was great.... the $5... "its falling apart" ... "well he was nice, maybe we'll see him tomorrow" lol

He kinda reminds me of Ed Harris. I think the ending could have been more dramatic, though the vertigo shot was cool. Nice job alltogether. Bravo!
 
This was a quirky little film and I agree the actor was great and definitely able to keep my attention till the end. Unfortunately when I got to the end I was left a little flat. Otherwise a good film!
 
Here is an alternative poster :)

pwp1.jpg


Thanks for the feedback!
 
Cute dog, but would you mind explaining the story?

I liked the shots, and the camera movement, so good job on that end. The audio seemed good to. Acting was great!

I'm a little lost on the plot/storyline though.

Robbie
 
The guy is a delusional shut-in right? Very good actor. He played the slightly unstable character without acting too affected. The dialogue he was given was good too. The shots were decent and the film as a whole was pretty good. The only real issue I have, I wouldn't count against your score but be careful with the compression when exporting the film. There were a lot of artifacts and it degraded the picture. Good job though. Thanks for sharing!
 
I think that I would have enjoyed this film a bit more if it was larger on my screen. Even at this small size I noticed a touch of artifacting, but maybe it's just my weak eyesight.

The main character certainly is creepy; I like how he wears his collar buttoned-up as it adds to his odd and mysterious nature.

Wicked cool shot of the dog on the balcony ledge, as well as of the lead running out to him as the camera crosses through the wall.

I was a bit lost on the story but saw some threads potential in it; it was a little bit on the dark side for my tastes. But the whole film does have a certain patina to it that kind of brings it together. Actually, I'd really be interested in hearing your own opinion of this film, and if it came out close to what your vision was or not.

All-in-all, I did like the movie and will watch again.
 
We've been reluctant to post, because the film stands by itself. Our last shot didn't shine through because of the compression, but it does look that way for a reason - minus the artifacting. MyFilmPro and myself are both more than ecstatic with the work. The reaction, online and offline has been phenomenal. The ending leaves you talking, it's controversial but not in an offensive way. Perhaps the admin will let us upload a high-rez version, we were just really pressed for time on getting this in, and I usually work with .mkv files which weren't aloud to be uploaded.

I hear future festivals will be streamed, that will be great!!

Thank you all for the continued feedback, we're digging it.
 
My MAIN complaint about this was really simply the compression setting on the film, low pixel rate, etc. ... because I'd like to enjoy it at a larger screen size. That said, it's a MINOR complaint.

The story itself seemed to drag some, and I felt the pace could have been picked up, if nothing else by further adding some beats to it with further fleshing out of the character. That said, I liked your actor. He had a GREAT look, and is solid in his performance. Loved it, actually. Felt quite real.

I believe I totally got what you were doing here, well, to a degree. The dog was obviously NOT real, but to him it was tangibly real. I loved the switch, that when he died, his chalk line was left and perhaps this imaginary dog IS real, or at least a dog identical to the one we saw is drawn to sit in that spot for some reason.

Regardless, I dug it.

Work on compression settings, so your audience can better view & enjoy your films, and then work on pacing, so that you're not dragging anything out & you'll experience marked improvements on your next outing. Again, I did enjoy a lot of aspects about this, so thanks for making it! Original concept.
 
Back
Top