It's here.. part 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zoomforce
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zoomforce

Guest
sorry had to clear out the XL2 posts.. something funky was going on with the thread.

Carry on :)
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

just carry on and pretend nothing happened lol..

Maybe it was a sign.
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

Yea maybe this was all a bad dream

the XL2 doesnt exist, the DVX is still the undisputed king of the hill.

Well as i written before, think the release of the canon XL2 shows what a great cam panasonic have made. Canon have copied almost every feuture of the DVX.
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

yes indeed.. I swear they took a hammer and just hit the DVX, took the parts out and stuffed them into an XL1 Body :)
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

Yes but I really like what you can do with the anamorpic adapeter on the DVX.

Ive even had problem with too narrow DOF with it.

wasnt it anybody here who would release a tutorial on filming with it?
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

...too bad, there was quite good info and comments here this afternoon...


...anyway... just a camera...

...but i would like to see some A\B grabs...curious...
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

how much does anamorpic adaptor cost? and what exactly does it do? Is it something that comes in real handy?
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

well what can it be 800 dollars? unless you live here (the land with the big taxes) :'(

It optically squezes so you get "native" 16:9 on the DVX. Kepping the full res i height.

576 PAL
480 NTSC

Other side effects is Narrower DOF and a bit softer image. Its great for filmlook, when ive filmed with correct lights and exposed right it can be really hard to se the differance between DVX video and 35mm film outputed to DVD.
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

yes Barry's guide is gonna be a must have :)
 
Re: Reboot :)

Re: Reboot :)

I almost bought my first DVX today... This morning (in Brazil)...
But a communication problem between the store and my credit card company doesn't let the purchase continues... I called my c.c company here in Brazil... And will be OK to buy tomorrow!!!

But I need to ask something here:
Do you guys think it's better to wait a few days??
To see some comparison 'bout DVX & XL2...
Or maybe the DVX price goes down...
I don't know...
This must be not the greatest moment to buy my camera...

What do U think??

Thanx a lot for helping me in this difficult situation!!!
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

tough call Josicleverson.. It's a hard decision right now because nobody really knows if the XL2 actually works yet. The safest play would be to get the DVX, we all know it works and works well. Expect to wait a good month or 2 before you can actually buy the XL2.
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

I say wait...I would say make sure you are positive before you get anything...3-5K won't just come back.
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

yes.. at least wait for a couple days till the first hands on review comes back.
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

Do you think that's any possibility to DVX prices goes down in the next few months?? Or just next year??
Speculations (?!?) I know!!!
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

[quote author=Bsmith link=board=XL2;num=1089765212;start=15#15 date=07/13/04 at 18:17:05]I say wait...I would say make sure you are positive before you get anything...3-5K won't just come back.[/quote]

www.ebay.com

the only place you can pay MORE for a used cam than for a new one somewhere else!

:)
 
Re: It's here.. part 2

While I can drool at the XL2, this announcement has no value for me. I really had to stretch a great deal financially to get my DVX100A. There's no way in the world I'd be able to afford the XL2. Also, I have no use for 16:9 at this point, so I'm no less happy with my DVX today than I was before the XL2 announcement.

I think the "geek wars" referenced earlier are rather interesting. Why should we feel the need to justify our purchases of the DVX relative to the XL2? Let's face it, the DVX was the only game in town for 24p and we knew that was temporary. The DVX can do today what it did yesterday. I can read the info on the XL2 and say "cool -wish I had the bucks" and not feel the least bit insecure about my DVX purchase. I always thought the XL1 took top honors in the "cool look" category, even if the DVX was a better camera. Now if it turns out the XL2 takes better pictures - I could care less. I couldn't afford it, and my DVX takes outstanding pictures. Best wishes to everyone out there purchasing XL2s, I hope it's a wonderful camera. I just won't be joining that crowd anytime soon.
 
Back
Top