HV20 + DIY35mm adapter

Cellphone trick is not a good idea with the adapter on since it is losing a lot of light. With my Letus35 FE I leave the IAF on and it helps me focus faster and more accurate.

How do you ensure that you're at 1/48 shutter and not adding any gain without using cellphone trick?
 
So you just leave everything at auto and then you can control the aperature with the 35 lens?

Not everything, just focus. I do adjustments for the shutter speed. I don't change the lens aperture but the camcorder aperture.
 
Last edited:
How do you ensure that you're at 1/48 shutter and not adding any gain without using cellphone trick?

I check if I am using 1/48 shutter speed by half clicking the photo button. I am usually using my adapter outside at day light so there is no need for gain. For low light I am not sure how someone can be %100 sure with the adapter.
 
You would first do the cellphone trick and then put the camera on the adapter. There wouldn't be any way to do the cell phone trick 100% accurately while the camera was on the adapter unless you could point it towards something appropriately bright and lock it at a good exposure range. Other than that, it's a two step process.
 
Back
Top