How much did your HV20 cost ??

Zim said:
Best Buy online shows in cart for $967
Thats a pretty good deal, considering you can pick it up from the store, as many Best Buy's are carrying them (unlike CC stores). Still if you can get a 10% of coupon for CC ($2 on ebay), it will still be cheaper, $936 + tax.
 
Panzer Freak said:
I was going to add this to the "what did you pay for your HV20" thread but thought it deserved its own since this is really good deal. I cancelled by CC order this morning and reordered after the price went even lower. Yesterday it was $1039.99, now its $967.99, which I assume was to match Best Buys price. I then bought another 10% off coupon on ebay for $2, it worked again! You can really get the camcorder for $871 + shipping (which standard is free) and tax. I ended up getting it for $939 with tax and overnight shipping ($15). Sure seemed like a great deal to me.

Also buydig.com has the 4 year warranty for $55.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon-High-Definition-Camcorder-HV20/sem/rpsm/oid/171434/catOid/-13063/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do


Here's the link for the seller I ordered the coupon from, as soon as you buy it you get the code in an email.

[URL="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZimaneber"]http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZimaneber
[/URL]

if a brand new thread were opened by everyone who got a good deal on the HV20, the forum would be overwhelmed
 
I saw them at MediaMarkt for €1420 and the HV10 for €1410 (Seriously overpriced, imo)
 
BARYE said:
if a brand new thread were opened by everyone who got a good deal on the HV20, the forum would be overwhelmed
Just thought it would be nice to share the info with people that want to buy the camera, with a new thread its easier for them to see this. Also this is not just a good deal, its the cheapest deal online right now. There are 33 views for the thread, maybe 5 of those people bought it for that price, if so I'm glad my info helped. Lock the thread, doesn't need any replies, as long as people see the topic I'm happy.
 
Panzer Freak said:
Just thought it would be nice to share the info with people that want to buy the camera, with a new thread its easier for them to see this. Also this is not just a good deal, its the cheapest deal online right now. There are 33 views for the thread, maybe 5 of those people bought it for that price, if so I'm glad my info helped. Lock the thread, doesn't need any replies, as long as people see the topic I'm happy.

cool.

(FWIW, I paid less than $900 for mine)
 
were did you get your HV20 it for less then 900 at BARYE were, were ??????????


peace n luv


Mark Dog
 
Mark Dog said:
were did you get your HV20 it for less then 900 at BARYE were, were ??????????


peace n luv


Mark Dog

Mark -- I got it from a non-retail commercial company -- a business that sells to other businesses (they are not a conventional retailer). Though they are a Canon authorized dealer, they do not normally carry the HV20. (though the manager of the relevant department wants to.)

I started this thread curious about what others were paying, thinking that I probably got a good deal on the HV20, and wanting everyone else to get the best deal possible.

I paid $889.

But since I couldn't easily explain why I couldn't refer others to that deal, I haven't really mentioned it (other than an earlier oblique reference a while back in another thread).

To buy from this company usually requires a commercial account relationship. (though I'm sure we're very small to them, my company does give them a fair amount of business). For most though, there are really too many hoops to jump through to consider going this route just to save a few dollars. Sorry...
 
I was talking about the UK version (in pounds). B&H etc add tax when sending to the UK if im not mistaken. Would Ebay (uk version) be any different?
 
Less than $900 at Best Buy!

Less than $900 at Best Buy!

There's a coupon online that you can print out and bring to the store for 10% off certain items:
http://dealmac.com/deals/Best-Buy-printable-coupon-10-off-one-item-12-for-members/167043.html

I took that in today, but the camera cost $1099 in the store, while online it is $967. I informed the clerk about the online price and he said they match that. So, 10% off that puts it down around $871.
Tax popped it back up over $900, but that's OK, still cheaper than just about anywhere else.

The coupon expires 5/13.

(oh - did anyone manage to snag one last week when ecost had them for $825??? God, I wish I had been paying attention that day)
 
monster_zero said:
Was the $888 price on Amazon just a one day thing? I followed the link and now it's $967.

that could well be the case -- I only know that it was that price on the day I posted that link
 
Dell -- (yes that Dell) -- is offering the HV20 for $879

a very good price -- despite the fact that they charge sales tax to many of the places that they ship to
 
Back
Top