House 5D Finale first 2 minutes posted online

Best looking 5D footage I've ever seen ;)

Just looks like regular House, but shakier and more shallow. Can't wait to get the 720p feed!

That should convince any further naysayers. Which is why Hollywood will have to go completely 3D any day now.

That should convince any further naysayers. Which is why Hollywood will have to go completely 3D any day now.
Lol...just a wee bit of over-enthusiasm here...but I'm feelin ya...lol.

I understand this is just the 480p version of what we will see on May 17 but why is it that I can not tell that this was shot on a DSLR? I've seen plenty of great stuff shot on these DSLRs but so far the big difference between user videos and what I'm seeing here is better audio and the size of the set. Other than that I can't quite put my finger on it (color correction? Lighting? ???). I guess I'll wait for it to broadcasted to see. But this looks like any other television show....which is great.

I understand this is just the 480p version of what we will see on May 17 but why is it that I can not tell that this was shot on a DSLR? I've seen plenty of great stuff shot on these DSLRs but so far the big difference between user videos and what I'm seeing here is better audio and the size of the set. Other than that I can't quite put my finger on it (color correction? Lighting? ???). I guess I'll wait for it to broadcasted to see. But this looks like any other television show....which is great.

Lighting. If you can professionally light a scene, these cams can record it pretty well and it will look like a film.

Good enough for house, good enough for me. The great thing about owning both 5d and 7d with the tokina 11 to 16 is you can get the best of both worlds. For supper dramatic scenes the 5d will give you the super shallow depth of field why the 7d accompanied with a tokina will give you some really deep focus shots without having to stop you lenses all the way down.

I wonder what the cast of house thought when the dp put the 5d in front of them and the director screamed action. Lol.

I can tell it was definately shot digitally. Something about the 'cadence' or 'feel' of it, but I wouldn't immediately say DSLR. Infact, it looks more similar to Superman Returns (Panavision Genesis!)

Something about it is very different, like it's soft and the colours are more mute. Normal House episodes look sharper.

Still looks fabulous.

I've seen plenty of great stuff shot on these DSLRs but so far the big difference between user videos and what I'm seeing here is better audio and the size of the set. Other than that I can't quite put my finger on it (color correction? Lighting? ???).

The difference may be attributed to:

1. Lighting
2. Large budget of a top-rated TV series
3. Experienced crew who've worked on "House" for years and function like a well-oiled machine
4. Talented director and talented DP

Last edited:
It looks great so far. It's funny....I'm trying to find issues....but keep getting caught up in the story.

I'm convinced...

It looks great so far. It's funny....I'm trying to find issues....but keep getting caught up in the story.

I'm convinced...

yes... this is why you should record now and then get the magnifying pixel peeping res chart anti aliasing iso noise glasses out, for the next few weeks of discussions.:D

it looks very good though!!

yes... this is why you should record now and then get the magnifying pixel peeping res chart anti aliasing iso noise glasses out, for the next few weeks of discussions.:D

it looks very good though!!
lol....I'm on top of it...:thumbsup:

Back