HDMI Capture Problem SOLVED - AviSynth RULES!

Got it. Because of atmospheric blur in ground based astro pictures, I doubt the difference between the GH2's HDMI picture and an intra hack would be noticable. In other words, the atmosphere is the limiting factor, not the codec. My guess is you will get identical results wth both.

Thanks Ralph

I'll spend my money on eyepieces then, cheaper ;-)

I'm using your sanity hack now, I wasn't when doing the above images - due to the weather and work I haven't had time to try it out yet

Last edited:
I use the GH2 with a Ninja. Works great (as I only shoot in 25p, being European), however, you still have chroma issues. My problem is that I (like many other professionals) use a Mac.
Right now I'm using this plugin:
https://sites.google.com/site/hsgh2chromafix/

But would much prefer to have it in Premiere instead (anybody know if it could be ported easily) or even better... Does anybody have a solution to get the AVIsynth working on a Mac? I've tried WineBottler, but the software doesn't install properly it seems. Help much appreciated!

Maybe a bit off topic, but I am still confused... So HDMI out is ALWAYS 1080i. But - to what video formats I am limited (I mean written to SD card, not on HDMI out) while using external HDMI monitor? ETC doesn't work, 720p is also dissabled when HDMI is plugged in. Anythig else?

Maybe a bit off topic, but I am still confused... So HDMI out is ALWAYS 1080i. But - to what video formats I am limited (I mean written to SD card, not on HDMI out) while using external HDMI monitor? ETC doesn't work, 720p is also dissabled when HDMI is plugged in. Anythig else?

Yes, you can't use focus assist when the HDMI port is in use. But, you can use any of the 1080 shooting modes (with the exception of ETC).

Hello, please can someone help me to get this scrip running. I get errors:

I have installed.
Avisynth_258.exe
Put all the extra plugins into the folder

avisource("C:\Users\WRK-001\Desktop\GH FIX\cam_1.avi")

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\FDecimate.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mvtools2.dll")

function filldrops (clip c)
{
**even = c
**super_even=MSuper(even,pel=2)
**vfe=manalyse(super_even,truemotion=true,isb=false,delta=1)
**vbe=manalyse(super_even,truemotion=true,isb=true,delta=1)
**filldrops_e = mflowinter(even,super_even,vbe,vfe,time=50)

**ConditionalFilter(even, filldrops_e, even, "YDifferenceFromPrevious()", "lessthan", "1.3")

}

# 3:2 Pulldown Removal
AssumeTFF()
trim(1,0)
TFM(mchroma=false)
FDecimate(threshold=0.5)
AssumeFPS(24000,1001)

# Chroma Fix
FixBrokenChromaUpsampling()
converttoyv12()

# Fix Residual Duplicates
filldrops()

#Audio Delay
delayaudio(.07)

# Show the Metric for filldrops
# This is a diagnostic to determine the threshold "lessthan" in the ConditionalFilter
# To run, remove the # in the line below and put a # to the left of filldrops() 7 lines above
# ScriptClip(last,"Subtitle(String(YDifferenceToNext() ))" )

When I run the scrip I get (drag and drop to virtual dub) I get this error:

Untitled.png

---------- Extra Notes ----------

Ok. I am not using the Ninja, I am using the MX02. Here is the problem I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmYKFCD_vwc. In other words I am happy with everything else except for the lack of smoothness. Is this becuase of the 4:2:2

Please can someone help. I am willing to make a donation as I have spend 4 days none stop with no solution.

@bushidowarrior

You're capturing on a Mac and using Prores. This is a Quicktime file, so in the script you need to change 'avisource' to 'qtinput'. You also need to install Apple's ProRes decoder for Windows. Put the qtsource.dll in your Avisynth plugins folder, and all should be fine.

Back