Has USA Price Been Set?

Traditionally the European prices have been a lot higher, yes -- but they also got other features for that money. That's the argument they gave for why the HPX171 was NTSC/PAL switchable, and the US model wasn't, for example. It cost more, so it can do more.

But this time it's different - this time it's the same unit. So it's much more reasonable to expect them to cost the same, on a worldwide value basis. So if 4900 euros = about 6300, then I think it's realistic to expect it to cost about 5995 for a nice round number.


Still think it's gonna be less then 5995,- alot less.


If you look at other products that are the same worldwide they often cost alot more in Europe then they do in the US .
 
I would be quite surprised if we didn't know by DV Expo. AFAIK the camera is scheduled to be shown there, and I would be surprised indeed if final pricing info was not available when it's being shown to the public.

So, hold on for a couple of weeks and all should be known.


Barry, will you be coming to DV Expo?



Bob Diaz
 
Please, note: european price is 4900 euros + VAT. Vat is 20% so the final price is more than 6000 euros.

Usually videocameras in europe cost the same amount in euros (including VAT) that the price in USA in dollars, so the price will be 6000 dollars.

Yeap, i agree with you Gary, same here in UK, it's only currency changing usually the numbers are close to eachother with US. 371 is 8300£ here, incl. VAT. I guess it will be around 5000£ here in UK which is 7800$ and 6000 euro and flight to NY is 500$:)
 
Please, note: european price is 4900 euros + VAT. Vat is 20% so the final price is more than 6000 euros.

Usually videocameras in europe cost the same aumount in euros (including VAT) that the price in USA in dollars, so the price will be 6000 dollars.
I did not know the 4,900 price was before any taxes. I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see the price between $4,500 to $5,000. At least it's good to dream.

No matter what the price will be, I know they'll be a good noticeable difference between the US price and European price.

Panasonic might as well announce the price already no matter what it is to get all of us to stop guessing. These companies really do like the suspense they give to their costumers. I know Apple must be obsessed with making costumers guess about their upcoming products.
 
Last edited:
I know Apple must be obsessed with making costumers guess about their upcoming products.

Or perhaps a company doesn't wish to pre announce a product before it is ready so people will wait until that product ships before buying.

That's good business, not an obsession.
 
When you guys say the AF100 is gonna be $5995, are you talking MSRP or actual street price? Wasn't the HVX200 initially priced by Panasonic at approx. $5995, but then the reputable camera dealers actually sold it for less, around the mid-$5000 range?

Just wondering, as I'd be able to buy it that much sooner if street price actually comes closer to $5400 or $5500. I gotta buy extra batteries and lenses and all that good stuff too.
 
The price is MSRP, not street.

Initially, the HVX200 sold at least at MSRP.

Then when demanded slowed, the street price dropped.
 
The price is MSRP, not street.

Initially, the HVX200 sold at least at MSRP.

Then when demanded slowed, the street price dropped.

That's what I'm thinking. I'd love to nab an AF100 in December when they are first released, but I'm thinking that maybe if I hold off until Feb. 2011, I can save enough to put towards accessories to justify the wait.

Even if it is $400 I save, that can go towards a lens or the Ki Pro Mini.
 
Traditionally the European prices have been a lot higher, yes -- but they also got other features for that money. That's the argument they gave for why the HPX171 was NTSC/PAL switchable, and the US model wasn't, for example. It cost more, so it can do more.

But this time it's different - this time it's the same unit. So it's much more reasonable to expect them to cost the same, on a worldwide value basis. So if 4900 euros = about 6300, then I think it's realistic to expect it to cost about 5995 for a nice round number.

now its official: 4995 US $ in USA !
 
Back
Top