What would constitute a too good to refuse deal on an EX-1? I have a line on a new EX-1 for $5,800.
Would I be crazy to pick it up now with the EX-1R coming in the future?
I have a shoot in November where I need an additional cam, I could rent an EX-1 for about $550ish though to get me through it.
I have talked to a lot of authorized Sony dealers today. No one knows anything for sure, but it may be January before the 1R is available. If I knew the 1R cost was going to be $6,100 like the EX-1, I would certainly wait. It's the combination of increased cost over $5,800 and needing the camera now pushing me.
Opinions are appreciated.
__________________
Would I be crazy to pick it up now with the EX-1R coming in the future?
I have a shoot in November where I need an additional cam, I could rent an EX-1 for about $550ish though to get me through it.
I have talked to a lot of authorized Sony dealers today. No one knows anything for sure, but it may be January before the 1R is available. If I knew the 1R cost was going to be $6,100 like the EX-1, I would certainly wait. It's the combination of increased cost over $5,800 and needing the camera now pushing me.
Opinions are appreciated.
__________________