Ballot addition of ORIGINALITY

Ballot addition of ORIGINALITY

  • Yes

    Votes: 16 39.0%
  • effin' NO

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I like boobies...

    Votes: 25 61.0%

  • Total voters
    41

Inexistence

Well-known member
I know we have a slot for screenplay but, after all the tired and cliche ideas that
popped up in horrorfest I think we need extra incentive to be more inventive
with our stories than following bogged down, bland, unimaginative standby
conventions.

So does anyone else have any thoughts/complaints about an additional slot
for ORIGINALITY?
 
They need to put back VFX!!! I sorta think It was a copout for those who knew they wouldn't bother. Cause there's also a vote for other categories that many people didn't have in their movies either, like dialogue (Writers Block) but I still felt it had a creative spin to it that made me watch it. In that case, we should just eliminate all the elements and just say " HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE 1 to 100!) But Hay that's just me.
 
its a hard one as marking on technical is maybe easier than marking on a subjective thing like that.

but in all honesty i dotn see whey not - i personally think we should also have an overall mark out of ten.

for comedy fest we should have a 'how funny' category.! (if thats what they go for next)
 
I forget who said it, but it was mentioned that most of the entries seemed like shorter versions of longer movies. I cant help but agree.

Originality seems ike it should be a little bit more than a new take on and old idea.
 
stories

stories

It struck me most of the "stories" were the same...Hack and hack back. A few did the ghost route (ours did) but very little originality.
 
I like the idea of adding this catagory.

If anything it stretches the window of possible winners. When I see best editing catagory, I am thinking... that film is likely to be in the top 3.

When I think of most original, it could be anyone... even a "last place" film entry.

PS - I didn't vote for boobies becuase the YES catagory is falling behind. And it doesn't matter to anyone in a film festival if I like boobies! :)

But I do! I like them a lot! :evil:
 
Ted, agreed. I think every category is important but when we have that little
slot that weighs so heavily in the film experience... yup, it's anyones game.

















and now back to touching boobies
boobies_touching.jpg
 
Future user said:
It struck me most of the "stories" were the same...Hack and hack back. A few did the ghost route (ours did) but very little originality.

Define Originality. If everyone had done Ghost stories, you might have said say there was no originality. if everyone had done Zombie flicks, you might have said there was no originality again. What is true is that there was not much "diversity ." But there was a LARGE AMOUNT of Originality in presentation and in story, some were similar, but each story was different and had twists of its own.
 
Last edited:
I agree and and concede. What lacked was "diversity" and you are right, there was a good deal of presentation.
 
Back
Top