AF100 pics

I'm always skeptical of how one site has photos like this with no indication of how it got them or it has confirmation about the sensor.
 
Don't know if these are anything new but this was just posted:
http://www.definitionmagazine.com/
They are stating "The AF100 carries the same sensor as the prosumer GH1 camera". I think I read elsewhere that it's a new sensor. The anticipation is killing me.
Jan Crittenden said it's not the sensor in the GH1. Whether it's a totally new and different sensor or a tweaked version of the one in the GH1 or possibly GH2 hasn't been divulged.
 
I'm always skeptical of how one site has photos like this with no indication of how it got them or it has confirmation about the sensor.
Me too but they've had really reliable/reputable info in the past. They're not from the states either so maybe they know something we don't...or it's just banter.
 
Here's what Im liking thus far - It has the DRS function (my only concern here of course is how well DRS would work on the AVCHD - Ive only seen the panasonic iteration on AVCIntra - anyone car to comment?). I love that it has an ND dial at the front, thats very cool.

Lastly, thus far, I love that this is a camera designed for motion images with HD-SDI, built in XLR's and the ND wheel at the front as mentioned.

Im always saying give me a P2 option blah blah. But with no scarlet out, and seriously 80% of what I shoot now is on the 5d and the fact I think we can safely assume the avchd codec would have to be better than what the 5d has, its moved much higher on my radar.

And yes, did I already mention how much I love the format v DSLR?
 
This camera should blow away the other DSLR's. Many people are sceptical, thinking it will be a dissapointment just like the GH1 but I think they fail to realise this is a professioonal camera from Panasonics professional division. So it's pretty safe to say it will be amazing.

Does anyone else think it would look hilarious with the tiny 20mm pancake lens of the front?
 
Many people are sceptical, thinking it will be a dissapointment just like the GH1 but I think they fail to realise this is a professional camera from Panasonics professional division. So it's pretty safe to say it will be amazing.

Agreed, Id add also I think its pretty safe to say that a lot of people out there that shoot motion for a living will be hoping this kicks ass.
 
Is that an electronic adapter for Nikon glass in one of the pics?

I'm thinking its a m4/3 to 4/3 adapter (or 4/3 to m4/3, whichever it is).

I'm looking forward to seeing some footage from the camera, and looking forward to seeing some in person. Fun form factor!
 
How heavy is the af-100 going to be with a battery and lens? I ask only because I wonder what the best stedicam setup might be... it might be too heavy for the merlin or?
 
How heavy is the af-100 going to be with a battery and lens? I ask only because I wonder what the best stedicam setup might be... it might be too heavy for the merlin or?

My guess is just over half the weight of a HVX200.... judging by photos of the two together.
 
There is one thing i can't understand, all pics around the internet about this comparison(they all compared with 35mm, 2/3" and 4/3) have the same picture of micro 4/3. I know its the bigger sensor comparing to others but why do they show the 4/3 sensor with attached to the board, it can't be the sensor it self, i can see the sensor in the middle, they don't need to show it bigger then others, it was the same visiuals on NAB annoucement, must be a technical reason on that?
 
Other than a 4:2:0 versus 4:2:2 and the long GOP issues, can you compare the visual quality differences between the HPX300/370 AVCINTRA100 image and what you expect (reasonably) from the AF100?
I expect the AF100 to look pretty much like the 370, but with DSLR-style shallow DOF.

Intra 100 offers nearly-uncompressed quality and 10-bit color, which are huge advantages (and one reason I keep clamoring for a P2/Intra version of the AF100).

But people who are ragging on AVCCAM, I don't quite understand it. It looks pretty good. The HMC40 turns out images that are way nicer than they should be, considering the price, and it's definitely better than XDCAM-EX. No, it's not AVC-Intra, but it's better than XDCAM-EX and about 5x better than HDV, and it's recording on cheap SD cards, so -- what exactly is the problem?

If a better codec means that much to someone, they could always use a NanoFlash for 160mbps intraframe 4:2:2, or they could use an HPG20 and get AVC-Intra100 at 10-bit and 4:2:2.
 
Back
Top