'Aetas' - an Epic Medieval Tale

Thank you everyone who has commented so far! I was going to wait awhile to comment back but one thing must be nipped immediately,

Her eyelashes are real :). Lol, funny thing to have to clarify. She's a gorgeous actress, a real natural beauty and superbly talented.

Thank you everyone who has commented so far! I was going to wait awhile to comment back but one thing must be nipped immediately,

Her eyelashes are real :). Lol, funny thing to have to clarify. She's a gorgeous actress, a real natural beauty and superbly talented.
I guess it's the mascara that just makes it more obvious, probably the long lash kind.
Just seems out of place for the time. Just a minor thing though, no big deal.

I liked the eyelashes/mascara! It totally drew me into her eyes...you are right, a natural beauty with seemingly strong acting chops. Just wanted to add I liked that element. Will try to comment more later. Good job! :)

I likey this short. Great cinematography, I wish I was that talented.

If I had to nitpick something it would be the detail of the mascara your actress was wearing, her eye lashes looked weird and I saw her eyelid move when she was suppose to be dead.

I likey this short. Great cinematography, I wish I was that talented.

If I had to nitpick something it would be the detail of the mascara your actress was wearing, her eye lashes looked weird and I saw her eyelid move when she was suppose to be dead.

I never saw them as being made up with mascara, I just thought they were really long naturally. Kind of reminded me of a Venus Fly trap.

VenusFlyTrap.jpg

Awesome film! Beautifully shot & scored... I love the opening shot. Latin was interesting, but I always have a problem with subtitles as it seems to draw you out of the moment (MHO).

Spoiler-----
The ONLY thing I can say is I would have liked to see a little more back story. I wanted to see the lovebirds frolicking around to see how 'in love' they were. I also didn't really understand who the man in the mask was? (maybe I'm just slow) And finally, although his quest was cool...I don't think it was enough.

But let me just say again....EXCELLENT story, great acting, costumes, locations, music, etc... I can only hope to make a film of this quality some day. I'll be watching this one many more times.

Congratulations to all involved.

It looks good, the girl is gorgeous, I remember seeing alot of bugs flying around,

I would have to like to see more backstory to it all. cool costumes 3/5

Shawn, you really have a great eye for composition. There were scenes in this film that blew me away in placement of actors, or angle of shots. I felt the pacing of this film was also a strong point with a lot of it feeling like a tone poem more than a narrative, which fit nicely in my opinion.

Gorgeous film.

The only small, small critique I had was that the volume of the dialog seemed a little low compared to the level of the music ... but my wife says I'm wrong and that it was fine, so take it how you will. :)

No doubt the shots were great, one of the best scores Ive heard.

The story made me scratch my head a little. Some of the cut(eg at 3.10 I thought was a little too early and at 3.59 I thought could have been cut at 3.58:XX) and composition (eg 1.25 I thought could have gone a tad wider and more centered ) could be cleaned up a little. But it was great to watch.

One thing that stuck out (apart from all the great points) was I thought the grading was a little washed out. I had to do a double check and make sure it wasnt my mac screen, but even on a monitor it was the same. Not saying its bad, just wasnt to my taste.

But it felt like a quality epic piece.

Thanks for sharing this piece. I was looking forward to this. My kids and I enjoyed watching it. The piece felt very cinematic and put the audience in a cool world. We all loved the music, thought it was perfect. The sets were beautiful and well shot. I liked the overlay of the girl and the sky shot.
Stuff to work on: The story seemed a bit forced. It would be hard to sum up the story line in a sentence. I think the time was particularly tough for this piece, because it felt like the characters had a lot to them, but there just wasn’t time to explore them.
Great piece of work!

Beautifully shot. Amazing locations. Great costumes. Really impressed how much work you guys put into this.

I had some issues with the editing of the beginning. I found the intercutting of the walking and the dying scene confusing. I actually wasn't sure if we were seeing the main character on his journey in the future, or the masked figure coming to them. I'll watch it again soon and perhaps can clarify my concerns better.

This thing was obviously shot well, mood, composition, everything!

The score was great! but I think it was a bit too much music. I'd like to see the music come out sometimes so when it comes back in there is more dynamic contrast.

Wow, long Eyelashes!

The one thing visually that I didn't dig is the contrast. The blacks are milky and the highlights are sort of in the upper midrange. I'd like to see you get in there ad spread it out considerably. It seems to affect the mood to me.

I had a hard time hearing the dialogue. It was too quiet and boxy compared to the music.

Great entry!

Thanks,
-Joe

Back