'Aetas' - an Epic Medieval Tale

Original that I had up there? These are the first two, and only, posters I've posted. The only thing even close is the banner, which only really works in an extremely wide aspect ratio, definitely not the vertical portrait of a poster.

Sorry (you watch so many of these threads...) ...my bad..."B" it is then!
Go Celtics!

Hmm... I suppose I could redo the banner into a poster by making our hero walk up a steep incline. Nothing quite as epic as a 90-degree angle desert floor. ;)

Congrats on the upload, Shawneous.

The whole thing looks disgustingly awesome. Makes me miss PDX and Oregon too. (my roots) Can't wait to see this!

Thanks, Amy! Can't wait to see yours, too. :) I absolutely LOVE your poster and banner, btw.

PS - Did you borrow those shoes from Shawn?

Only if he is a little kid's size 7 ;) . It was hard coming up with a poster that didn't give anything away, so I went with the shoes (they are relevant - sort of ) . I'm glad you liked it, though.

Wow! Feels awesome to be done. Herman came through like a champ with our mix and score and Color is an awesome grading tool! 'Aetas' went through a full offline-online conform process, involves compositing shots, multiple time ramping/retiming shots, etc. In the grading it's very intensive, every single shot is graded and most have secondaries as well.

Shawn, you've really made this a great fest with this amazing project. It's going to be so great to finally see that scenery you and your cast have been wandering through. I know its going to be killer. Congrats!

I think I will have to go get my sword before watching this so I can jump around cutting tree branches and such to join in the fun....yes...I am a nerd...

Shawn, you've really made this a great fest with this amazing project. It's going to be so great to finally see that scenery you and your cast have been wandering through. I know its going to be killer. Congrats!

Wow Mark! Thanks!! I don't think I've made this festival any better, but I appreciate the thoughts! I gotta say, your Fat Monster project has definitely inspired us to give all we could on Aetas.

Hello Shawn,

this beautiful graps seem so romantic. Compliments and good luck!

Susanne

Thank you Susanne! 'Aetas' is indeed a romance, I hope you enjoy it! I'm truly not sure how it will be received, since traditional DVXUser romantic films usually involve one of the lovers shooting and killing the other :)

I can't wait to see your film. I am extremely excited.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

I think I will have to go get my sword before watching this so I can jump around cutting tree branches and such to join in the fun....yes...I am a nerd...

Definitely recommended, also alcohol should be involved! :beer:

Did a large update to the production log on the first page! Filled in what went down during the hectic final two weeks, from rough cut to final submission. Now that the floodgates of viewing are about to open, I'd like people to have the complete picture should they care to read it. I am contemplating removing all the screencaps from the first page to make it load faster and draw more people to the production log, but I figure that during fest viewing some people who don't know about 'Aetas' may click on this thread and maybe the screencaps would convince them to view our entry.

Back