7d vs 5dmkII article

I have one question for you Phillip. Would you say that at $600.- the Tokina is a worthy purchase, even if just as a great 16mm f/2.8 in FF? What would compete against it in full frame?


.

Sorry to cost you money!

Don't but the Tokina for full frame. Waste of money. Save up and get the Canon 16-35mm f2.8 or a Sigma 14mm for full frame.
 
Thanks Philip. It was great to hear a sum up of both cams from someone who has shot both and knows their stuff. I preordered a 7d but I was thinking 5d also. I know there is a pretty big demand for 5d shooters it seems, do you guys feel that will translate over to the 7d also.

And Philip sorry if this has been discussed but what lens did you use on the first close up in Sofia's people? One of the greatest shots I have seen. Thanks.

Cheers Tony.

I shot all of Sofia's people with a Nikon Zeiss 50mm f1.4

There will be a big demand for 7d shooters. Am sure of it. Am already getting calls and Saturday Night Live asked my help to get hold of one as they reshot their opening sequence on one two weeks ago after watching my Dublin's People short.
 
Great. Good to hear Philip. And I am in NY so if you need a hand on something for SNL, I think I can free up some time, lol.
 
Back
Top