3 to 4 GH1's in stock at

Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the tip

Just ordered mine from Henry's. They say it will arrive on Monday. Cancelled my Amazon order. Testing with actors starts on Wednesday for new film. Already bought Leica adapter, voigtlander 35mm f2.5 and Leica 50 mm 1.4. extra battery, polarizer, matrox mxo 2 mini (for realtime pro res ingest), Zoom h4n, 2 sennheiser wireless mics plus tripod and monopod. I just realized you all could probably care less about all this stuff.

Currently using the HV30 and HV20 and can't wait to get my hands on the GH1. If this camera works out I'll sell both of those and buy a second one.

A clip from my current film "Everything Louder than Everything Else" shot on the HV20 ad HV30 if anyone is interested...

http://vimeo.com/3376298

film blog...

everythinglouderthan.blogspot.com

Rob
 
THANKS


yeah duties would likely apply. not to mention you might have to send it
to canada to be serviced.

Hey, you sent us - William Shatner,

only fair I send you - my gh1. :cheesy:
 
i just called and she said that it would be $1727 USD for the camera. the fastest shipping THEY offer is $39 ground. she said its luck of the draw on wether or not you'll have to pay duties, kind of depends on whos working that day sort of thing. i asked her if there is any sort of air mail faster shipping, she said i would have to have something set up with a US company and would have to work out all the details myself. this whole thing feels like it could take a while to get my camera. too many variables, too many places for something to go wrong. i'm in Texas btw.
 
Only a crazy person wouldn't jump on this. It could take even LONGER to get it in the US.

If you really want one that's a fair premium to know that the camera is headed your way.
 
Well I did the deed and purchased one. They had 5 in stock. Paid a premium that I'm now thinking about, so I gotta make up for the extra I paid.
 
Only a crazy person wouldn't jump on this. It could take even LONGER to get it in the US.

If you really want one that's a fair premium to know that the camera is headed your way.

Call me crazy...:cheesy:

I'll admit I'm kind of an impulse buyer when it comes to having to wait for stuff. At first I was gonna call back, but then just pulled the trigger.
 
Paranoid

Paranoid

I am paranoid now that my order didn't work out and that they will sell them all. Better call them back for reassurance...
 
I found a place in Montreal getting them at the end of the month for $1680 Canadian. I don't want to say where, though - they don't take reservations and I don't want anyone else getting their grubby hands on my camera.
 
I am paranoid now that my order didn't work out and that they will sell them all. Better call them back for reassurance...

see, the French, [ and maybe French Canadians, too ] have a saying right?

no good deed will go unpunished!

what the hell eh?:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)
 
I found a place in Montreal getting them at the end of the month for $1680 Canadian. I don't want to say where, though - they don't take reservations and I don't want anyone else getting their grubby hands on my camera.

Thanks for the info, I'm in Montreal too...
 
I just ordered one from here too. I'm fed up with the Panasonic B.S, Shopatron et al. The price difference is minimal with no tax since I'm in N.Y and I know this place has it.

Nice people to deal with by the way. Thanks to Localhost for the info!
 
Thursday 5pm EST
Just called Henry's, they have 1 left with 14-140 kit lens selling for $$1727.00 + tax + shipping + duty
warranty will be canadian not US which is why I passed on it.
 
Yeah, I just called. No biggie since I'd have to send the camera somewhere to be repaired anyway.
 
You most likely will have to send the cam up here for warranty service. I'm pretty sure that's how most manufacturer's warranties work - where you bought it is where it gets serviced. Other than that, there should be no difference between US and Canadian warranties. Well, maybe since there are less people up here, you could get your cam back faster...but less people means less repair centres, so...
 
I just ordered one from here too. I'm fed up with the Panasonic B.S, Shopatron et al. The price difference is minimal with no tax since I'm in N.Y and I know this place has it.

Nice people to deal with by the way. Thanks to Localhost for the info!


Same here. I ordered off the Panny site and my total was $1676, so price difference wasn't too excessive. My total from Henry's was $1940 CAD, I believe. If that's correct, then conversion is about $1720, a difference of about maybe $45. Now all I have to worry about is the VAT charge, which I hopefully won't get raped with.


Ken, let me know the status of yours. Mine is shipping to CA, so I'm curious as to when I'll receive mine.
 
Back
Top