3 to 4 GH1's in stock at

Henry's price us $1727.00 US dollars without tax or shipping or border duty.
Thats a lot more than $1499 US (without tax) that B&H or Adorama will charge.

EDIT:
holy crap .. I am so glad I did not buy that last remaining camera at Henry's.
I just called Sara at Panny to ask her about distributors getting priority (mentioned in earlier posts) and she
said my Panny Direct ordered camera has shipped! Apparently they didn't email me to let me know.
I am skeptical but she did give me a UPS tracking number.
A call to my bank shows that the money is held on my card but not fully charged.

I say all this to warn others to check on their Panny Direct order before buying elsewhere.
 
Last edited:
Like I said I am skeptical. I am based in NYC, ordered June 5.
Sara did give me a UPS tracking number
and said it shipped 17th
card had money held from 15th

EDIT:
has arrived Friday June 19
 
Last edited:
Henry's price us $1727.00 US dollars without tax or shipping or border duty.
Thats a lot more than $1499 US (without tax) that B&H or Adorama will charge.

Actually, my total minus the border duty was 1720. As for tax, since it is shipping to CA, I didn't get taxed. My total order from Panny direct was 1676 because I paid for overnight shipping. True it is a little more, but at least I know the camera is on it's way. Didn't want to order from BH or Adorama cus they have no clue as to when they're getting it.

I talked to Sarah this morning and she gave me August, so based off that I made this decision. After I finally get my camera, I'm done dealing with Panny direct.
 
You ordered 6/5, *JUNE FIFTH*, and your order shipped?!

Sorry I was venting at Panasonic not you. How do I get in touch with this Sara?

Wait, I just checked my CC account. There's a mysterious credit hold that happens to addup to the GH1 price and another purchase from today. There may be hope. Of course my order status is forever stuck on "ships late May".

Like I said I am skeptical. I am based in NYC, ordered June 5.
Sara did give me a UPS tracking number
and said it shipped 17th
card had money held from 15th
 
Actually, my total minus the border duty was 1720. As for tax, since it is shipping to CA, I didn't get taxed. My total order from Panny direct was 1676 because I paid for overnight shipping. True it is a little more, but at least I know the camera is on it's way. Didn't want to order from BH or Adorama cus they have no clue as to when they're getting it.

I talked to Sarah this morning and she gave me August, so based off that I made this decision. After I finally get my camera, I'm done dealing with Panny direct.

Glad you are getting it thru a more reliable means. More power to you!
Even though Sara at Panny has told me mine has shipped and given me a tracking number ... I am taking it with a grain of salt.
When I open the box, then I will believe it.
I have a pre- order with Adorama as well, B&H don't take preorders but will do phone orders on the day they are in.
As you can see I am trying to cover all bases - hope I don't end up with two cameras !
 
Glad you are getting it thru a more reliable means. More power to you!
Even though Sara at Panny has told me mine has shipped and given me a tracking number ... I am taking it with a grain of salt.
When I open the box, then I will believe it.
I have a pre- order with Adorama as well, B&H don't take preorders but will do phone orders on the day they are in.
As you can see I am trying to cover all bases - hope I don't end up with two cameras !

Good stuff J. Yeah, I may be one of the few cases where they botched my order. If so, the heck with them. I've gotten so many different stories from them which is why I just paid the little extra to get it shipped from Canada.

Hopefully yours comes through. If it does, unpack that thing and shoot away....Then post footage up here!
 
Henry's price us $1727.00 US dollars without tax or shipping or border duty.
Thats a lot more than $1499 US (without tax) that B&H or Adorama will charge.

Well I was going to be charged tax from Panasonic. So the difference is minimal since there is no tax from Canada. Border duty according to UPS will be less than $10. Thus, the real difference in price was less than $100. Small price to pay to avoid this jerking around from Panasonic.

Some have more tolerance than others for this treatment. I have very little.
 
Sorry I was venting at Panasonic not you. How do I get in touch with this Sara?

That's what I was trying to figure out. I lost count of how many times I called Panasonic. I never got anyone by the name of Sarah, but I almost always got the same guy who was generally clueless.
 
Well I was going to be charged tax from Panasonic. So the difference is minimal since there is no tax from Canada. Border duty according to UPS will be less than $10. Thus, the real difference in price was less than $100. Small price to pay to avoid this jerking around from Panasonic.

Some have more tolerance than others for this treatment. I have very little.

Ken, where did you get the $10 amount for border duty? Also, did they state what form of delivery UPS would use?

Reason I ask is cus the rep I spoke to said that UPS would be in contact with me once the package arrives at the border. Also, just checked my account and I have a pending charge for the amount of the camera already! =)
 
Yup, they stated 'ground' or 'normal', I don't recall which. The bottom line is that it's expected around Wednesday, being shipped out tomorrow (that according to UPS and typical transit times from Toronto to N.Y.).

As for the $10 border duty, you've got to go through a convoluted UPS form after you register on the UPS website. It took me about 15 minutes to figure it out and get the proper code for 'camera equipment'. In actuality, the estimate ranged from $2 to $0 depending on the answer to a question I wasn't quite sure about. I tried both answers to get the variation in border duty.

But don't hold me to it Orchidthief, it's just an estimate.
 
Did anyone receive a tracking number? The were supposed to be emailed tonight after 8.

If you're referring to a UPS tracking number, then no. I did get a reference number from Harry's though. Also, like stated earlier my payment for the camera has been is in the process of being deducted from my bank.

Keep me posted on your situation...Also where are you located and when did they say you were suppose to receive it.
 
I was refering to a Canadapost tracking number. I called this morning and got one.

I am only about a days drive from the warehouse and was told that I would receive it today or Monday.

Its out for delivery!
 
Delivered!

Surprised at the weight compared to my G1 and the 14-45. I think I will keep that lense for everyday use.
 
Damn, that was quick! I'm gonna call them up and see what the status is.

So I just spoke to them and it's been shipped. 3-5 days is what he's saying. I'm hoping it'll be here by Wednesday next week. =)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top