Zeiss Master Primes + GH1(3) - Randomish

I'm having problems finding a "DIRT CHEAP" one. Links or it ain't so....
sorry...misused my words there..."dirt cheap" is relative...but body-only on ebay is in the $600 region. however, as the hack becomes more popular, so will sales of the camera...?

EDIT....can't find anything on ebay for less than $797...yowza
 
I hear ya, cheapest I've found them has been for about ~$800. I'd pay $600 in a heartbeat.
 
Last edited:
Kholi one more question. Is it possible after hacking the GH1 to return it back to it's factory settings, i.e. orgiinal firmware?

no J. as of now, all you can do is disable all patches in pTool, and it will act exactly like original firmware, but with a different firmware number. a rental agency will know.

Wrong. Just wrong.

Check off the second option, Version Compare, and increase the version number if you need to in the current Ptool. Make any other changes to the firmware you want. Upload that firmware to the GH1. Put the official 1.32 firmware on an SD card. Upload the firmware to the GH1. You'll be back to official 1.32 lickety split. Just know the next time you want to hack your firmware you need to increase the version number to at least 1.33.
 
Hmmm. I think that the image is extremely clean. Before this test, I was almost turned away by how clean it is. After this, I think I'll be shooting a lot of GH1 + PL lens material.

So does the glass make a difference? Feels like it to me. Maybe not resolution wise, but it surely takes on a different look to my eyes. Especially dealing with skin and overall saturation.

The ZMPs + Hot Rod combo feel like they were made to live together. With the Clip on Mattebox, it balanced out perfectly in my hands. Other guys at the camera house held it and felt the same way, it was just an amazing combo and a really great way to use a DSLR.

Being able to use PL mount lenses helps with lens speed: 12/T1.3 ZMP won't distort heavily and can be used wide open without much recourse, so as the 14/T1.3 ZMP.

Most of the material is on the 14/T1.3 wide open with NDS and a Polarizer. The hyper shallow look was very easy to achieve, for beauty this sucker'll do. And, without the drawbacks of shooting and having to dodge heavy aliasing/moire.

And of course lastly, yeah... heck yeah the PL mount is a good deal. Hot Rod PL mount is very stable and now I see why it costs what it does. They've put together a VERY solid product and I didn't have ANY worries putting the huge and heavy ZMPs on the camera. Nor operating it. So, yeah, I'm sure other owners of the Hot Rod PL setup will testify to that.

Overall, GH1 totally rocks it for me. I hope that the video out will come soon, that should complete the camera altogether and the other adjustments will be edible candles on the cake.

I still like the Canons, GH13 feels like it represents more of what's to come in the future for these things.

Thanks for the detailed report. Looks like an awesome combo. Really makes you wonder what's coming next. I've been holding out for the Scarlet, and I'll probably still get one when they finally come out, but now I really don't think I need to worry too much. Everything from the GH1 just looks amazing now. It's like a whole new ballgame.
 
Thanks for the detailed report. Looks like an awesome combo. Really makes you wonder what's coming next. I've been holding out for the Scarlet, and I'll probably still get one when they finally come out, but now I really don't think I need to worry too much. Everything from the GH1 just looks amazing now. It's like a whole new ballgame.


I'm still interested in Scarlet as well. Who knows when any of that stuff'll come out, though. For now, between all of these DSLRs and ESPECIALLY the GH13, and the RED MX... there's just too much to shoot with to be concerned.

Gotta shoot it up!
 
I'm not sure who else also noticed, but that special cameo is already part of dvxuser history now. No, I don't refer myself to the Ari/David Newman's 3D... ;-) :)
 
And of course lastly, yeah... heck yeah the PL mount is a good deal. Hot Rod PL mount is very stable and now I see why it costs what it does. They've put together a VERY solid product and I didn't have ANY worries putting the huge and heavy ZMPs on the camera. Nor operating it. So, yeah, I'm sure other owners of the Hot Rod PL setup will testify to that.

+1; have had my Hot Rod since December, never once had to question it's build quality. super well made.

footage looks great Kholi!
 
I'm not sure who else also noticed, but that special cameo is already part of dvxuser history now. No, I don't refer myself to the Ari/David Newman's 3D... ;-) :)

Hahaha! You're the only one that picked up on that so far, Emanuel. It's not him, of course.

But, that 3D rig is something extraordinarily sick. They also had a 1DMKiV video rig that went to some serious productions. It's quite nice.
 
Anyone got a request for raw MTS files?

Let me know which shots and I'll upload the raw MTS to vimeo for download.
 
Okay I have been trying to remember what band and song that is playing in the video with no luck. Can you let me know so I don't go insane. Gracias.
 
Okay I have been trying to remember what band and song that is playing in the video with no luck. Can you let me know so I don't go insane. Gracias.

Dunno how I missed this FOREVER ago...

It's Tobacco from F*d up Friends album.
 
Back
Top