You guys are driving me frickin' crazy!

Barry_S

Moderator
For whatever reason, some of you were under the mistaken impression this was hide-the-camera-fest. No. It's LoveFest and there is no love for the fest coordinator searching for the single frame in your film where a small section of what could possibly be a camera appears in the shadows--maybe. I'm going to sleep now, before I DQ your sorry asses. :kali:
 
The required object should be obvious. You can be clever with the way it gets shown, but it should still be obvious. I'm finding most of them and only asking if I'm really stumped. Next fest will stipulate three point lighting and a minimum of 10 seconds of a slow track in on a fluorescent orange skull. Blame yourselves.
 
Sorry, Barry. I actually PM'd you about a week ago asking you just that, mine is partially obscured. You said it would be fine.

Kind of like how most people missed the glass in "Welcome to the Party".

I sent you a time stamp for mine. Everyone should probably do the same.
I'm sure it would make your life a lot easier.

Cheers,

Mike
 
Pardon the rant, I don't get what the problem is. The rules clearly stipulated the camera "be in at least one scene." I think this is pretty straightforward. Show the friggin' camera. The whole point of having a required prop is to write it into the script. Show some imagination and not just how little you can get away with. Barry, I'm with you. Bring on the orange skull. Although, 10 seconds times 30 entries is 300 seconds of orange skulls. I think it might get boring after about 30 seconds.
Our camera makes several appearances including, well, I don't want to give it away.
 
I showed my wine glass a few times last Hollows Fest. Some were downright hard to find in other entries.
I figured it was cool and even emailed Barry a week ago asking about it in case I needed a re-shoot. Told him you could just see the lens as it was partially obscured.

I'm all for skulls though!
 
I guess I got lucky. The entries I reviewed were obvious, except one. Apparantly I managed to leave the hard ones for Barry.

Sorry man :)
 
Hm, I'm pretty sure ours was implemented in such a way that it utilized the camera well enough. I guess we weren't too clear, but it was in it for the duration of a scene, subtly but there.

-Kegan
 
For whatever reason, some of you were under the mistaken impression this was hide-the-camera-fest. No. It's LoveFest and there is no love for the fest coordinator searching for the single frame in your film where a small section of what could possibly be a camera appears in the shadows--maybe. I'm going to sleep now, before I DQ your sorry asses. :kali:

I can feel your pain :huh:
 
No worries--we just had a bunch of films and some technical issues to deal with last night. I know some of you already PM'd me, but I still have to look for the prop and it's not easy to sort through a lot of PM's. Most of you didn't make it too hard. :)
 
We thought we had a brilliant idea by putting a web cam on top of our actress's computer monitor while she's typing. Sounded good in the script but the f*cker is about as visible as Matty G when its time to load the truck. So, we don't want anyone to strain their eyes looking for the thing and we put as our tag line: "Our Camera Is The WebCam On The F*cking Computer Monitor"

We were inspired by Brandon's "subtle" placement last fest. After reading Barry's post, though, we get it. We'll be more up front with required elements in the future. Mea culpa.
 
Back
Top