XL2 viewfinder problem

Topper

Active member
I just got an XL2 and was really disappointed when I turned it on and all I could see in the viewfinder was white.

I had charged the battery fully and tried it with the batter and directly plugged into the mains - same either way.

The camera is on though, and I recorded with it and played it back on another minidv camera I have, so it does record.

So it looks like the viewfinder isnt working.
Is it just broken or could there be some setting I have failed to notice?
 
Re: XL2 viewfinder problem

Nice to see you got your XL2. Sorry about the problems your having.

Where did you buy it from in the end, globalmediapro?
 
Re: XL2 viewfinder problem

Nope, I mentioned where I got it in the other thread.
Got it from Jessops in new oxford street in the end. I went in there today and got them to match gmp (£2820)

I also bought a 2 year warranty for £125 - looks like it might come in handy doesnt it!
I'm very happy about the price, and that I decided to go with Jessops, because it should be easier sorting this out with them than with GMP.

So, I was kind of hoping I'd just forgotten to flick a switch or something, but it looks like I'll just have to take it back doesn't it?

Problem is I had everything set up for a project mid next week, and I don't know if Jessops will be able to replace it quick enough.

Since I know its the viewfinder thats the problem, will they replace that or take ages trying to locate a new one? It was the only one they had in the shop when I bought it.
 
Re: XL2 viewfinder problem

If you tell them you need it ASAP, as i did, and keep on at them, they SHOULD be able to get the XL2 from another one of their shops and juust transfer the stock over to their shop in oxford street. Thats what they did for me because i said i needed it quickly.

Does sound to me like the viewfinder is buggered. Having said that, im still working out my XL2 so im no expert on the camera. But ive had no probelms like youve mentioned.

Good luck.
Kyle.
 
Re: XL2 viewfinder problem

I highly doubt it. Customer services in this country is ****. And the chances are that the shop dont even have a feild monitor, because we dont tend to have massive camera shops with EVERYTHING in stock. They tend to be "little shops on the corner", which can be a right pain in the ass, well atleat the ones in Bristol are, maybe oxford street have a bigger Jessops.
 
Re: XL2 viewfinder problem

Well. I don't think customer service is the problem. They've been very good to me already giving me such a good price.
The problem is more like noah said- they just don't have much stuff in stock.
It really depends how long it takes - I kind of need it in a week and half, so if they can get a replacement in a week, then no problem.
 
Back
Top