XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

axes

New member
FIANLY I FOUND THIS SITE WITH LOTS OF WELL-SHOT CLIPS WITH THE XL2.
LOOKS PRETY GOOD, DO YOU THINK IT LOOKS VIDEO OR FILM?
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Seen it. Still don't think it is 24p....at least it doesn't look that way to me.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

hi everybody.,

I think the video needs lot , a lot of adjustments, the pictures look foggy, colours not at all crisp., needs camera settings..
only appreciative thing is its sharpness...i am talking only about the camera...nothing else...so no fireworks please

vamshi
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

If your talking about the Dominic Castillo thing that you linked directly to, thats not XL2. If your talking about the stuff labeled Xl2 footage, that obviously is XL2.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

I JUST TRANSFER EVERY THING TO VEGAS VIDEO 5, CHANGE THE FORMAT TO “NTSC WIDESCREEN NON-PROGRESS” AND RENDERED THE WHOLE THING TO VIDEO, IT LOOKS AWESOME, IT DOES NOT HAVE THE 16MM FILM LOOK OF THE DVX100, BUT IT LOOKS MORE LIKE 24P HD (LIKE THE ONE USED FOR ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO, IF YOU SEE IT ON YOU HOME TV) AND I AM SURE THAT WITH THE RIGHT FILTERS AND THE RIGHT COLOR CORRECTION YOU CAN TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LEVEL. I THINK BOTH CAMERAS ARE GOOD DEPENDING FOR WHAT YOU WANT THEM FOR. I HAVE SHOT LOTS OF 16MM FILM AND HAVE SHOT A FEW TV SPOTS ON 35MM AND WHEN THE DVX CAME OUT, I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE RESULTS ON 24P, I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT A FEW YEARS AGO YOU HAD TO SPEND A LOT MORE MONEY (BECAUSE OF THE FILM COST) AND PUT A LOT MORE WORK AND TIME TO COME OUT WITH THAT LOOK, THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT WAS WITH THE REAL THING, 16MM FILM, BUT THAT WAS MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. AT THIS POINT I THINK, FOR WHAT I HAVE SEEN, THE CANON XL2 HAS HIGHER RESOLUTION, PROBABLY WITH THE RIGHT FILTERS CAN PASS, IF NOT AS 35MM, PROBABLY AS SUPER16 OR 24P-HD.

I HAVE USED THE DVX AND I THINK IS A GREAT CAMERA ON ETHER 24P AND VIDEO, BETTER THAN THE XL1S, OF COURSE THE DVX IS A NEWER CAMERA AND THE 24P TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT, BUT SEEMS TO ME THAT CANON DID IT AGAIN, JUST THE WAY THEY DID IT WHEN THE XL1 CAME OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME. BUT FOR NOW I CANNOT WAIT TO PUT MAY HANDS ON THE XL2 AND HAVE A BETTER OPINION.

(AND FOR ALL THE DVX FANS LIKE ME, DON’T FORGET THE XL2 IS A NEWER CAMERA, PROBABLY PANASONIC IS ALREADY WORKING WITH A CAMERA THAT WILL IMPROVE EVERYTHING ON THE DVX AND WAY BETTER THAT THE XL2)


:)
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

TO: GUEST

I was going to say something mean and obscene but decided against it for the simple fact it would turn to a mud slinging battle. But I will advice you not to insult a highly respected user who we all admire as well as his work.

Thank you.

P.S. Next time why don't you sign in rather than hide behind an anonymous posting.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Okay, I didn't see the post that was deleted but my post was meant as a tongue in cheek remark. I certainly did not intend to offend you and I offer you my humble apologies.

If you browse around this site, you will notice that most of us have a sense of humor, me included.

So again, it is my regret that I offended you and hope you can understand the facetiousness of my post.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Maybe "Guest" doesn't know that on the Web, CAP LOCKS is a way of expressing anger. Given the choice, I'd prefer to follow disjecta than discuss the XL2.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

to: disjecta

Sorry for my lack of sense of humor, but is the first time that I post something on this site, which I think is very helpful and very good for all us that like to be updated on everything about the technical aspects of digital video.

I will really appreciate if you accept my apology.

No caps-lock this time
8)
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Please, oh, please don't use all caps....

It is nice to see some new views, but the all caps are not the way to gain friends :D

-Jerry
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Apology gladly accepted. Now let's all be friends, have a sense of humor, and learn something.
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Getting back to the subject, the video clips are remarkle -very beautifuly shot, really clean rich blacks; my tests with the XL2 have confirmed the edgier blacks, esp compared to the DVX (which I love, otherwise).
There is definitely, to my eye definitely anyway, a 'video-ness' about the XL2's imagery, even at 24p...has anyone else noticed this? it's almost like a cross between DVX and a Sony-style of 24p...these are vague ansd subjective descriptions, maybe, but does anyone else see this with the XL2?
 
Re: XL2 FULL RESOLUTION CLIPS

Yes and I am 100% sure it has to do with the gamma curve Canon uses. While the midtones are not boosted as much as the video mode, the midtones ARE boosted a fair degree... not sure why Canon did that...
 
Back
Top