XL2 Connector question

Guys,

I always wondered what the connector under the LCD-connector was, the 20pin-thingy. And another question, is there a way to capture the images from the XL2 in an uncompressed way? Or is that just impossible?

Thanks for your help!

Jules
 
Hi Jules,

Apparently it's used by Canon for maintenance - it's not mentioned in the manual under Input/Output connectors nor discussed in the schematic block diagrams associated with the XL-2.

Regards, Michael
 
I'd like to add onto his second question, what is the best way to capture uncompressed footage from the camera?

Use FireWire and capture as a AVI, or is there something better?
 
Unfortunately, there's no way to go around the compression with the XL2. It always compresses to DV 5:1, whether you use tapes or the Firewire output.
 
Guys,

I always wondered what the connector under the LCD-connector was, the 20pin-thingy. And another question, is there a way to capture the images from the XL2 in an uncompressed way? Or is that just impossible?

Thanks for your help!

Jules


That's the connector for the optional high-res B&W viewfinder. They do identify it in my manual...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top