XL H1 HD-SDI 4:2:2 Color with Blackmagic

jin08611

Active member
I just talk to JVC they told me that if you record the video from Component from HD100 you will get 720p24@4:2:2 color....[before record to tape]

does H1 does the same if I record from HD-SDI through Black magic card I can get 1080i30p@4:2:2??

thank you so much

jin
 
...but apparently it will look just like 1080p if it is set to "F" mode...apparently.

How are you planning to capture the input BTW? Uncompressed HD is 1.4Gb/s, so I would advise some kind of compression on capture.
 
With Blackmagic you would not be compressing. No need to. You can record it all if you want to maintain quality.
 
HP 8200 with sataII or Scsi

HP 8200 with sataII or Scsi

I plan to get a HP 8200 workstation and black magic with SCSI raid HardDs.
i guess people really need 4:2:2 when doing blue or green screens, and most of the times those kina shots are done indoors with control lights.

I think is ok to capture uncompressed video with SCSI or SATAII with black magic...

nice I was looking at JVC but now I think Canon is the way to go, i hope canon this time put a better lens on that camera, xl1 and 2 lens' sux big time.
 
16x is very good... i think for the price is very nice lens but the lens that came with the camera is no so good.

Also IMO 16x lens is not as good as EF 'L' lens from canon...
 
Walter_Graff said:
With Blackmagic you would not be compressing. No need to. You can record it all if you want to maintain quality.

I know, but I would use some sort of compression unless you have a very large hard disk budget.
 
Back
Top