Michael Morlan
Member
In all the discussion about variable frame rate, I hadn't read that Red One has the ability to ramp from speed to speed. It would be good to be able to preset two to four fps/sensitivity/"shutter" speed settings along with a ramp speed and curve (straight, ease-in/-out, etc.) and be able to call them with a push of a button.
The ARRI SR-3 has such capability (although I believe complex ramps require an off-board laptop.)
addendum:
Actually, come to think of it, one of the only things I actually like about the Sony Z1U is its rampable presets. You can store and recall (with a limited number of ramp curves) focus, zoom, white balance, gain, and shutter speed. It is limited, with the fastest ramp being two seconds, but I successfully executed a sequence of complicated rack focus pulls on an ECU shot with a touch of a button. Really made the shot work.
The ARRI SR-3 has such capability (although I believe complex ramps require an off-board laptop.)
addendum:
Actually, come to think of it, one of the only things I actually like about the Sony Z1U is its rampable presets. You can store and recall (with a limited number of ramp curves) focus, zoom, white balance, gain, and shutter speed. It is limited, with the fastest ramp being two seconds, but I successfully executed a sequence of complicated rack focus pulls on an ECU shot with a touch of a button. Really made the shot work.
Last edited: