Whats the next fest?

I am, and sure I can't use dialogue, but acting can be purely physical also. Damn, I can't post anymore tonight. This is number 999 and I need to finish my 1000 video so I can post it tomorrow.
Haha :D I had the same problem yesterday. Saving all my posts because of the 1000th :D

No Dialog fest eh? So I can resubmit my timefest entry?
 
NoDialogFest?? You guys obviously aren't actors... :laugh:

i'm not an actor either and i'm struggling with this concept too. i think it will yield some interesting technique, but limiting to the degree that characters can engage with each other, thereby limiting the depth of the storytelling.

i still prefer themes to genres.

i know it would never fly, but if anytime was a good time, PoliticalFest would make for some very relevant filmmaking.

other ideas...

PopFest - pop culture, celebrity, and the contemporary milieu as a theme
CrimeFest - thematic looks at people living on the edge of society, bending/breaking the law, and the why and how they got there.
MonsterFest - i like this idea. your monster could be literal, or it could be an alcoholic, or a rapist, or a little kids fear of the dark, endless possibilities...
 
Robert Duval Got his start in film with his no-dialogue roll as Boo in To Kill A Mockingbird. And what a brilliant job.

You don't need dialogue to act. Heck, if it was up to me I'd turn the sappy Titanic into a silent film and shut those two actors up.


I say we call it ... Mime your own business!!

a
 
Last edited:
i'm not an actor either and i'm struggling with this concept too. i think it will yield some interesting technique, but limiting to the degree that characters can engage with each other, thereby limiting the depth of the storytelling.

Have you seen The Strangers? Before it devolves into senselessness, the first 20 minutes are quite powerful with maybe five or six lines the whole time. I think if you create the right circumstances, characters might not talk to each other for huge amounts of time.
 
FEST IDEAS

MusicFest - your piece must include a live music performance of some kind and center around the theme of music somehow, this could be a full band or a kid who likes to sing in the bathtub, but something...


BTSFest - all pieces must be a behind the scenes type piece, i think this could be really fun and give opportunity for mockumentry or more serious films about making films...
 
haha wow.. I was thinking the same thing along the lines as a "NOdialog Fest" But I was thinking on calling it a SilentFest. (cooler name lol) But I think It would really bring out th talent we have here because it would strain us as writers to come up with a story that wouldnt need dialog. I think it would just be interesting to see how they come out.
 
Hey pauly, that sig's too big -- can you please resize your banner so that it fits our maximum size guidelines (i.e., no more than 569 wide, no more than 70 tall). Thanks!
 
I say that it is time for "Hot Babes in Lingerie Fest."

If we can all get behind that theme I predict wonderful films.
 
I think it might be cool to do another adfest. (since i wasnt a member when you guys had that fest!)
 
I think we should do one where we all use the same script, written together, to start from.

SUPER-COLLABO-SAME-SCRIPT-FEST !

The title needs work...
 
Back
Top