What was this filmed with

i watched the beginning of it... what look are you reffering to? i just thought that the colors were a little washed out
 
Just the overall tone of it. Yeah, the way it looks like it was filmed on an older camera and maybe some color correcting to that? It looks like it has a cheesy 80's feel.
 
OK, I'll play. I say it's not video because the clouds in the sky and the trees outside the window all hold - the format seems to have the latitude of film. But it's not resolved enough to be 35mm, so I'm guessing 16. (Not Super16 or they would have taken advantage of the 16x9 in the transfer.) Since they didn't even TRY to do an audio playback sequence, I assume the camera was wild (not a synch camera). I think it was a Bolex, especially going back to the softness of the image. I don't think the lenses were Zeiss or Canon. Again, looks more like switar lenses, which would again point to the Bolex. If is was the Bolex, I'm surprised that they didn't ever overcrank it for some slow motion. The look came from the transfer - nothing was crushed; it was all flattened out. Do I get a parting gift for playing?
 
film no way there would be some flicks and little scratchy glitches that show on amateur film.too much compression for much of a look though but i dont see color as washed out.
 
Unless it was transferred on the Spirit. In the early days of telecine (on the Rank) we would always spend time cleaning the transfer of the artifacts you mention. Since the Spirit and its accompanying software arrived, I don't remember ever having to clean a transfer. Isn't it amazing that the technology has moved so far so quickly that we can't be sure what something was shot on?
 
Unless it was transferred on the Spirit. In the early days of telecine (on the Rank) we would always spend time cleaning the transfer of the artifacts you mention. Since the Spirit and its accompanying software arrived, I don't remember ever having to clean a transfer. Isn't it amazing that the technology has moved so far so quickly that we can't be sure what something was shot on?

interesting the only spirit i have heard of is spirit awards.the only amatuer film stuff i have seen looks like this http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=125291how does the spirit get rid of the flicks and artifacts.
 
Back
Top