DavidBeier
Veteran
Ok, I've spouted my mouth of several times involving the fact that I've heard one pretty much has to use the XL H1 as a deck for capturing as its HDV tapes don't work with anyone else.
If this is the case, what options are there to get around this (besides spending upwards of 10k on a notebook and special deck for SDI output while shooting). I'm blown away by this camera's resolution but the idea of having to use the camera as a deck is simply unacceptable to me (i've had so many horror stories involving heads breaking and such).
If this is the case, what options are there to get around this (besides spending upwards of 10k on a notebook and special deck for SDI output while shooting). I'm blown away by this camera's resolution but the idea of having to use the camera as a deck is simply unacceptable to me (i've had so many horror stories involving heads breaking and such).