What is the best color profile for Greenscreen on the a7s?

krizard

Active member
I will be shooting a commercial this weekend and there are two exterior greenscreen shots. I will be using the atomos ninja assassin recording to 4k/24fps and some shots 1080p/60fps Prores 422 8bit.
What color profiles would you guys recommend to get a good matte out of the greenscreen?
Thank you
 
I've experimented with all the standard picture profiles for greenscreen. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE S-LOG - the noise will kill you. As for the rest, they all pretty much key the same. No one stands out as being better or worse than another. You could base your decision on which one simply looks better to you as far as the basic image goes. One option not to overlook is to shoot without any picture profile. It keys as good as any of the picture profiles, and the color is the most neutral of all. I like it a lot for greenscreen work.
 
I've experimented with all the standard picture profiles for greenscreen. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE S-LOG - the noise will kill you. As for the rest, they all pretty much key the same. No one stands out as being better or worse than another. You could base your decision on which one simply looks better to you as far as the basic image goes. One option not to overlook is to shoot without any picture profile. It keys as good as any of the picture profiles, and the color is the most neutral of all. I like it a lot for greenscreen work.

Thanks for the help man. After I finish editing the commercial i will post the results.
 
I've experimented with all the standard picture profiles for greenscreen. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE S-LOG - the noise will kill you. As for the rest, they all pretty much key the same. No one stands out as being better or worse than another. You could base your decision on which one simply looks better to you as far as the basic image goes. One option not to overlook is to shoot without any picture profile. It keys as good as any of the picture profiles, and the color is the most neutral of all. I like it a lot for greenscreen work.

Thank for the support man. I turned off the PP and had amazing results, a one click key! and before your advice I was almost thinking about using slog2.
 
Back
Top