What is best camera for around $5,500

Sousproductions

New member
I am looking for relatively inexpensive camera to shoot interviews and general overlay shots around a business for short corporate promo videos. Would also use the camera to do event promos too so would like something that can perform well in low light.

Want normal controls such as Iris, focus, WB, XLR input with volume and channel controls but not sure I need much else.

Any views on Canon XF105? What would be next best step up from that within the budget?

I was also planning to buy a canon 7D and some lenses for doing pretties but maybe it makes sense to invest in just one camera like the Panasonic AG-AF101 and kill two birds with one stone. I would really like to have the 7D for stills though.

Any views?​
 
Used Sony EX-1 ( under $4K used ) or used Panasonic HMC-150 ( $2K+ used ), especially for live event work. Buy a second camera for still photos, or buy a Panasonic GH-2 to shoot stills and video. ( only use RAW mode for GH-2 stills, the jpeg engine sucks )

If there`s anything left over, invest in audio gear and camera stabilizing gear.
 
GH2 isn't the best in low light, but it's a steal at $750 used and would leave you with a lot of extra $$$ to spend on lighting and faster lenses.
 
Back
Top