VICIS - story explained on Page 22

I liked the cinematic look to this film. I liked the camera work. The shots were well crafted and the shot selection was nice. The opening shot was interesting and caught my attention and pulled me in. The audio was done well and I liked the music selection.

I really thought your lead Actress performed outstanding. Very believable. I could tell that the direction and the little touches like stroking the mirror were effective.

The story worked OK for me, but ritual and the guy with the red cape was just a bit over the top for me.

Overall, this was really well done! Thanks for showing!
 
Last edited:
Yup, I agree. Very cinematic, looked great.
I almost wish she was a tad older looking but for a model I can see what you were going for. The cult thing seemed a bit odd to me as well.

Overall this was very good. The lead actress was also very believable.

Cheers,

Mike
 
Your actress was simply amazing. Fabulous. Wonderful. She is a find indeed and I hope you work with her again soon. Her actions were so natural and she is just such a stunning screen presence. A very wonderful job and we will look forward to meeting your whole crew when we make it over there!

Would it be possible to see the script? I would love to read it now that I've seen the film.
 
I don't think Tomas would mind if I gave it to you. He had the loose story idea and we went through several gruelling drafts until he finally decided the plot line he wanted and gave me an outline to go off of. Some portions of the script were left blank because Tomas wanted to work on them after himself (I am pretty sure it was just VICIS'S monologue, actually). I'll see what I can do...
 
I enjoyed your film very much. It looked great. Your lead actress was very good. She was perfect for the part. A beautiful woman who discovers that horrible truth, even beautiful women get old.
 
hey guys, thank you!

No problem with the script, though Mark, have in mind that it was changed in some parts and some parts completely removed due to time limit :( let me know, when you read it and tell us what you think.
 
I liked the overall story and cinematic feel of the photography. But the ceremony seemed a little out of place in the whole thing maybe a potion or something else. I loved it though well done.
 
I like your film. The photography, the light, the score and the acting were very good. I didn't understand really which price the MC has to pay for to get not older?

Susanne
 
I liked this film. Wonderful look to it and really good camera work. The lead actress was great. Really good score too!
 
Your actress was far too stunning to be upset with her looks or getting too old. That pulled me out of it. Maybe some make-up FX or an older actress.

Your opening shot was amazing. I liked the slow motion with the ceremony. Great short.
 
Very well done, everything from cinematography to audio to music. Acting was strong, and didn't distract from the piece. This is great, especially if it is your first film.

Only thing working against it -- I'm not going to lie, I don't understand the twist at the end in the slightest, even after rewatching it. In the future I'd suggest borrowing a few friends who know nothing about the film and showing it to them, then getting their feedback as to whether or not it made sense. It's hard to see things with a fresh set of eyes when you know every detail of the plot.
 
Nice movie. I like the acting of the main actress. The lighting is nice. I just don't really understand the story though.
 
SPOILERS!!

Hey Guys,
i saw the problem with the story once we started editing the movie, because
simply it was too long. Once we cut out 2.5 mins of movie, it was really
hard to explain evertyhing in 6 minutes, furthermore, now i understood that
such a story can be told in 10-15 mins, but not 6.

now the story is like this: Caroline is a model, she gets the call from a model
casting with a negative answer on some project, because clients chose younger
model, that's why she gets into depression and get nervous - she's getting
old and because of that she looses her work, she doesn't have a family,
all she cares is beauty and her work, thus that's why she get nervous about
the refusal.

Her sister comes, she's way younger and she knows what caroline is talking
about thus she organizes for caroline ritual, by which time spirit VICIS should
give caroline power to stay young forever and control time, though there is
one thing to know, that of course, there is a price to pay, it's death - though
whether it's physical, moral, pscychological, it's up to you to think about that...
think if you had to live all the time at the age of 20, you wouldn't experience
lots of things, what's happening let's say at 30-40, become mother, grandma
etc... in order to get something, you have to give...

Vicis appear and he says that... caroline falls down and finally wakes up from
the dream and gets the same call.... but now she understands that's her
life is not really all about beauty and she refuses to answer , understanding
that it's time to do some changes with her life...
 
Hey Tomas. What title change did you make? I can't figure that out because your banner and thread title seem the same as I remembered.

Watched your film again and I'm smitten by your lead actress. Her sister should be the jealous one!!! :)
 
Well, quite a number of people didn't get really the story, so i wanted to explain it :)

heh :) long story with the actress... i will tell you if you come over here to Lithuania while drinking the best beer :)
 
Actually, I think there's a certain similarity between the lead actresses of O2 and Vicis!
Tomas - I'll be getting to you for more serious comments soon!
Jason
 
Hey Tomas. What title change did you make? I can't figure that out because your banner and thread title seem the same as I remembered.

Watched your film again and I'm smitten by your lead actress. Her sister should be the jealous one!!! :)

Mark,

He didn't change the film title but the thread title. He included "STORY EXPLAINED, PAGE 22." so those who didn't understand (and didn't get to look at the script like you did) would know to come read the explanation.
 
Back
Top