Urban Nature

I really like the way everything looks. Especially the color. Did you do much work in post or is it pretty much straight out of the camera (with a graded ND filter)? I'll be interested to see what environment you do next. Keep up the good work.

Reed
 
I was using a .6 grad filter on some of the shots. The look was achieved with the combination of gradients and the 3 way corrector in final cut.
 
Good stuff. I like the sound design too, makes it feel like a Lynch movie.

For the vista shots, what did you set your focus at? Infinity?
 
Beautiful!
Love the cool color and the blacks.
Pedestal setting in camera or just CC?
Wonderful wide angle shots (stock lens?); I think sometimes people get so obsessed with shallow DOF they forget the beautiful lines of a nice wide shot.
Great sound design and the deer SFX!

Nice piece,
Chuck
 
Beautiful!
Love the cool color and the blacks.
Pedestal setting in camera or just CC?
Wonderful wide angle shots (stock lens?); I think sometimes people get so obsessed with shallow DOF they forget the beautiful lines of a nice wide shot.
Great sound design and the deer SFX!

Nice piece,
Chuck

Yep, stock HPX, and stock lens. I love how wide you can shoot with it. And I agree with the obsession over DOF.

My master ped was set at -25, so it wasn't really that low. The look was achieved with cc.
 
* sigh* I'm jealous...meantime I'll just keep pluggin' along with my DVX, til I decide on a
HPX/HVX/EX/SX/XXX... ;^)
 
Perfect framing and nice sound!
I watched your jib academy too. Nice editing!
 
Last edited:
You have some really cool shots, especially the one of the wooden bridge with the mist rolling up through the slats -- looks almost like a horror shot of the deadly mist traveling to get another victim! The last shot is reall interesting also, I like it but it would be better for me if the horizon wasn't titled, but instead level. Other than that, Keep it up!
 
Back
Top