Update on the AF100

Hi guys and gals,

Got my second sample in today and I like it even more. It has a couple more ISO ratings that are working but still not all so am still a little in the dark there. The body has changed ever so slightly to the much better. It has lost a screw here and there, the handle attachment is greatly improved. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow and share.

The coolest feature I found was the variable preset for white balance temperature. So once you have the baby in preset, all you need to do is to go through the 3200, 5600 and then it goes to variable. Using the function joy stick I can run it down to 2400K and up to 9900K. Very sweet!

It also has a Y Get feature and the function joy stick can be used to move that around and sample the luma value of anywhere on the screen. That is pretty nifty as well.

The color on peaking is enabled on this one and I am finding focus to be easy! And this one has the new LCD. Haven't really looked at the EVF to see if it is the new one, but am definitely loving the new LCD. Pictures tomorrow.

Best,

Jan
 
Last edited:
Wow. The news about the WB setting made my day.

Now if only your next announcement is that it's shipping next week. :D
 
Excellent.

Thanks for the information.

This camera sounds great.

I am definitely getting one in December! :laugh:

Simon
 
Getting better!

Seems like maybe 75-80% completed?

In the remaining 25% or so please remember many of us have one of our eyes on reduser.net reading updates on the Scarlet all the time.

So that being said... if the 25% contains any or all of the following:

an extra HS-SDI port
HDRx
2 extra bits
an intra, wavelet or hell even a longGOP 4:2:2 codec
increased modularity
a user API

...

We will not be disappointed.

Thank you.

Ps. even if it contains none of the above I am very excited and am ordering this camera but still those things would be much appreciated.
 
Y'know, that's something that I totally forgot to report on -- the "function" joystick. I didn't report on it because I didn't know what it did. There's the normal menu controls, then there was a separate joystick called "function". I asked what it was for, but I didn't understand the answer and ... well, I guess it slipped through the cracks. But now, we know at least two things that it does -- allows setting ISO to specific degrees Kelvin, and allows moving the spotmeter ("Y Get" or "Marker") box around the screen... I wonder if it will have other functions too? Those are already two nice improvements!
 
Thank you Jan for keeping us updated!

I have a pre-order for one and every little bit of new info makes me more impressed with Panasonic and how they listen have listened to filmmakers!
 
Back
Top