Undercranking

polispol

Active member
I searched the board, and I haven't found any info about this...
I did lots of night shots with the varicam at 4p (open shutter), and now I'm doing some night shots with the hvx200 at 2p (open shutter)
The thing is that slow frame rate combined with the open shutter allows incredible shots (mainly for documentaries) at night, with small lights, and seeing how the stars moves in the sky.
I did also some tests of time lapse with a nikon dslr...

So, looking at the specs of the red, I'm really thrilled to see the chance of shooting at 1fps open shutter with the camera... I know that sounds strange (but...why not?).... it's possible to lower that number even more?
 
Undercranking

Slower than 1fps acquisition is possible, but we need to test the practical effects of holding the shutter open for high multiples of a frame time. When we have done those tests we can confirm what the maximum exposure time is.
 
is it possible to have say an 8th of a second exposure time while maintaining 24 fps and have the frames blend
if so is it possible to make it a gradual overflow like two sine waves overlapping
 
Stuart English said:
Slower than 1fps acquisition is possible, but we need to test the practical effects of holding the shutter open for high multiples of a frame time. When we have done those tests we can confirm what the maximum exposure time is.

Can't wait to hear back on this... exciting times!
 
Back
Top