TWO D***S (Suck It Kevin Smith) - a film by Chris Marrs Piliero

If the movie is as funny as the poster, were in for a treat. Two dicks made by guy in a banana suit, am I sensing a theme here?

I'm ready to watch this thing.
 
Epic!! the dirty socks on the pink step thing was killing me! Man you have the 7D looking amazing. funny ass film. I was dying because I can get in and talk on the phone without anyone knowing to. So accurate. So, so accurate. I kind of saw it coming but who cares, I was laughing my ass off.
 
For me this got better as it went along, and I LOVED the ending. The acting was good, and keeping the other guy busy helped a lot visually. The lighting was on the flat side, but the story still worked well.

Great job.
 
i did see this coming but like richard says... who cares... the conversation was so good and funny... we all are waiting for that reveal and i was more expecting something from the bachelor party but it was still pretty good.. i knew he was chilling there for a reason... well done..
 
Story: Pretty good. Loved the ending. I expected something different so well done there. The clip after the credits had me laughing my ass off. :)

Acting: The acting was good, perfect for the roles they were playing. They seemed like buddies with a real past.

Technical: Adequate for a comedy. Nothing bad, nothing fantastic. I would say quite well done overall.

Nice work.

MAH
 
My favorite of the one's I've watched so far.

The acting was spot on, it was well written and funny, and it was well shot/directed (the phone conversation, especially when one person has to be still due to the story, can be such a trap. You pulled it off, even adding some extra comedy to the piece by keeping the other guy moving and doing visually interesting - and funny - things).

The reveal wasn't quite as "powerful" as it could've been partly because this is BetrayalFest, so we're looking for a betrayal, but around the middle when the fiancee is first mentioned by name, for some reason, it all came together for me. So, the rest of the piece was spent just waiting on the expected reveal. Minor point, though.

Good work.


ryan... i really appreciate the awesome compliment! especially coming from a WGA writer, it means a lot!! really glad you enjoyed all of the aspects of the film... it's a simple piece, but a lot of thought went into every aspect of it and it's cool to have that recognized, so again, muchos appreciation...





Epic!! the dirty socks on the pink step thing was killing me! Man you have the 7D looking amazing. funny ass film. I was dying because I can get in and talk on the phone without anyone knowing to. So accurate. So, so accurate. I kind of saw it coming but who cares, I was laughing my ass off.


richard, yo rock! glad you dug it! after seeing your comment that you were excited to watch it, i'm glad it didn't disappoint! gotta love the 7D, man... love that freaking camera... ha, nice to know that you actually have lived out this film in real life... ha... impressive, buddy! "i kind of saw it coming" <-- that's what she said...
 
Last edited:
Yeah man super funny film... the whatever the eff he was doing on the step... like the soaring eagle move was so funny, for so long too! And I would love to see a blooper real of this, especially at the end with the Nazi bit cause he must have burst out laughing right after you cut away!
 
I really liked this one, the acting was engaging and the dialog was spot on. Nice ending too. Well done.
 
Some of the most believable acting I've seen in the fest & a VERY funny film. Yes, I saw it coming (no pun intended) from the beginning, but who cares.
Now that I've seen it, I have to say great title!

Comedy is SO had to accomplish and you did a great job with this one.
Excellent look & feel. I think a little more camera movement on "Jimmy Sh*ts" would have helped to not give away the ending.

All in all... it works and was a very enjoyable watch!
 
Some of the most believable acting I've seen in the fest & a VERY funny film.


I think your late thread is going to hurt the total views of the film a bit, but the title should pull people in... This reminded me of a Hangover thing... not implying good or bad, just reminiscent.

I was hoping to see a tranny-type thing worked in after the "bleached a$$hole" conversation... I think you could have had a way more effective sucker-punch at the end with something like that... where the other friend set "that" up. I totally thought the 2-dicks was going to be a "couple-shot" from the bachelor party (again... that would have killed). You could have ended on a photo of that guy, drunk with that big-ass smile... and the tranny in front... with the appropriate pixelation.

Overall you have some of my highest stars so far... and I expect you to stay at the top of the list. This is a compliment to the realistic quality of your flick, BTW... because in reality I hate this kind of betrayal/story... and that kind of guy... and I honestly didn't WANT to like this flick... from the start it annoyed me and felt forced into blue... for shock-effect more then story effect (like this type of flick that's popular right now... where this kind of conversation is so common)...

BUT... there was no denying it... even if it wasn't my thing, the acting was NEARLY flawless (a couple minor bumps)... and overall the reality (repeating myself) was the best so far... this is getting close to perfect for a fest entry.

Oh yeah... good BME too... and also good theme supporting score... and best looking actress... and commercial looking actors... that acted "natural".

Very high marks from me.
 
For me this got better as it went along, and I LOVED the ending. The acting was good, and keeping the other guy busy helped a lot visually. The lighting was on the flat side, but the story still worked well.

Great job.


thanks buddy... glad you dug the ending! agreed on the lighting... a lot of comedies tend to be on the flatter side of things, though i feel like we definitely could have unflattened it a bit more in some scenes... duly noted! appreciate the feedback...


i did see this coming but like richard says... who cares... the conversation was so good and funny... we all are waiting for that reveal and i was more expecting something from the bachelor party but it was still pretty good.. i knew he was chilling there for a reason... well done..


awesome... it's good to know that even for those of you that foresee the ending that it's still an enjoyable payoff...


Story: Pretty good. Loved the ending. I expected something different so well done there. The clip after the credits had me laughing my ass off. :)

Acting: The acting was good, perfect for the roles they were playing. They seemed like buddies with a real past.

Technical: Adequate for a comedy. Nothing bad, nothing fantastic. I would say quite well done overall.

Nice work.

MAH

glad you didn't expect the ending, michael! curious as to what you were expecting... the guys didn't know each other before the shoot, so i'm stoked they genuinely come across as real buddies!
 
Back
Top