Twitter and Facebook

Hi all,

I am becoming familiar, or trying to get familiar with twitter and facebook. Please don't search me as the only accounts I have are for my family. You will be blocked. No offense. I am just trying to take pulse onanyone that is using these interfaces, twitter and facebook, for business and networking purposes.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Jan
 
Jan, I don't use it for business, but use it all the time with friends and family. It's really easy from the iPhone as well. I've reconnected with a lot of great people I'd lost track of using it and it makes keeping up with everyone really easy and casual.

Hopefully, people who use FB or Twitter will no longer feel the need to send out those irritating end-of-year holiday letters anymore.

BTW, if you were on FB, I would have told you that we take delivery of an HPX-300 next week! OMG!

e
 
Fun and fairly safe. You get to keep in touch with people you lost contact years ago. As long as people keep it casual and friendy and don't spam you with personal requests, its fine. I only have Facebook.

Those quizzes are addicting!
 
Mainly using Facebook for family and friends but Little Rock is such a small market business stuff is just following too. I haven't been adding anyone I haven't actually met though. Now twitter is another story. I'm trying to follow companies I want info from on twitter. In fact, I looked on the Panasonic Broadcast website for the twitter icon last week to follow but found none.

Settlemoirtv on Twitter
 
All of our NewBay Media editors and writers used a NBMedia Twitter account to send brief show highlight comments which then also were picked up by the NABSHOW account. I can definitely see a use for it in trade show applications.

Ned Soltz
 
LinkedIn for business....Facebook & MySpace so I can keep track of my friends and family (and kids!)...Twitter, not for me. (I really don't care what someone is doing at any one moment)
 
We've been using twitter and we really like it. It enables us to help allot of people who ask their P2 questions via tweets. Anyone is more than welcome to follow us. Our twitter link is in my signature. :)

Sincerely,

Andrew Hoffman
Vice President
Specialized Communications Corp.
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
800-359-1858 (US)
301-790-0103
Fax: 301-790-0173
andrewh@spec-comm.com
www.spec-comm.com
www.twitter.com/speccomm
 
Hi Jan,
I use facebook to let folks know what we are doing. I also post links to various videos that we've done there. It seems to work well for this. BTW, I'm very happy with our HPX 300. It works well with the 2 HPX 500s and the 170 we have.

Thanks,
Jim
 
Okay so we have a Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Panasonic-Broadcast-US/98404512921?v=info&viewas=522342865

There you will find upto the minute press releases, stories and events. Come visit, become a fan, offer suggestions. See you there.

Also have a twitter account that is under Jan Livingston, there I am sending out the links to things like the updates for the HPX300 cameras, or the link to the video I posted the other day. I don't do needless tweets, although occasionally I have a little fun and you are always armed with the delete key. ;-)
 
Last edited:
What I don't get is how Twitter is any more than an RSS feed with a fancy dedicated interface? And users.

I mean, then concept is nothing new... http://ibc.mikkowilson.com (some of you may remember my use of that system since 2005)

Is it just the huge userbase that makes it attractive? Leaving RSS to the "nerdier folk"?

- Mikko
 
Probably. I mean I have 19 followers and I only know 9 of them. So probably because it is easy. I am on the fence but I see it as a means of getting info out there fast.
 
I guess the ability to "broadcast" information snippits at any time (especialy from cellphone via SMS) makes for a very popular system.

- Mikko
 
I mainly use twitter for business & networking tweets for my followers. Facebook is a bit more personal but I still update our Business page with new info. I tend to follow more business people on twitter.
 
Hi,

It is Jan Livingston. Tweet activity will be a little low this week, I am moving into the house I have been working on for 5 years. ;-)
 
Back
Top