Tips for shooting green screen? - DVX100

4K Hub

New member
Hi,

A few months back we shot for a couple days in a full green screen studio with overhead suspended lighting grid, infinitycurve, the works. We were using two DVX100's shooting 25p PAL. The lighting was totally uniform, exposure was perfect.

The job was for 4 x 30 minute DVD's that were entirely composited, and when it came to keying, I struggled to get a good result. I was using Keylight in After Effects 7, and my final composites were pretty terrible. I know it could have also been my settings in Keylight, but I spent hours tweaking them to get the best result I could.

Since then I have decided never to shoot DV at all for keying. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get this right with the DVX100?

Thanks,

Rich Lackey
 
Back
Top