TimeFest Official Rules

And it depends on the length of your clip. Mine comes in at about 4min 30sec. So mine will be 800x450 at 1400kbit/s.

Like Jack said, for 6 minutes 720x405 should be doable.
 
Films will be listed for viewing in the order received.

two questions -

1. what happened to this? Not like we uploaded early or anything, in fact, quite the opposite ... just wondering if people did to get this advantage and now they are not. (and I'm not trying to knock the system or the work of Larry R cause he's awesome and did loads of awesome work. awesome.) But I would be pissed if I busted my ass to get done a week early and uploaded to get that top spot, only to have my entry, let's say "Zanzabar Time Monkeys" end up on the bottom of the list.

2. How long do we have to watch/vote?

More details on this new two-tiered system pleeeeeease. :)
 
VOTING:

Folks, we changed the voting system, and it seems like some people might possibly be confused by how it works. Let me take a stab at clarifying:

You should not be making a list of your top 3 films or top 10 films, and "ranking" those. There is no "ranking" in this voting system. In the old voting system you figured out what your top 3 films were, and you voted for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. This system does not work that way.

In the new system, you're not supposed to "rank" the films at all. You're supposed to just assign a star rating to each and every film, so it's entirely possible to have five or six films rated a "10", another four or five rated a "9", a dozen rated "8", etc. This is the same way you'd do it on YouTube, or on IMDB, etc. Just think about it as you watch the films, and if you say 'wow, that film was a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10", then click on the "9 stars" on the star meter for that particular film.

The system is not designed to be used as a way to calculate what your top 10 films are, and then give one star to #10, two stars to #9, etc. That would in fact be unfairly punishing many of your top films. Please don't do it that way.

Ideally we'd like it if everyone would watch all the films, and rate them right after watching so it's still fresh in your mind. You can always re-watch and re-rate if you want to. Ideally you'd vote on ALL the films, and assign each of them an overall quality rating, 10=awesome, 1=hideous.
 
Maybe you could make an extra thread for this info and sticky it Barry?

And the info about rating your own film. That it is not necessary to vote for all. I accidentally rated my own film. Can I undo that?
 
Sorry, I asked this in the "Short Bus" thread and didn't get a confirmation, and I'm a little dense, so here goes again -

Did we have to have 50 posts prior to the opening of viewing in order to be able to vote? In other words, if I view and comment on each of the films (which I'm getting around to, I've seen them all, and am getting to work on the commenting), will I be able to vote?

If not, it's not that big a deal, I'll be able to next time, but I was just curious.
 
Back
Top