Barry_Green
Moderator
Nor does it come out of any HD-SDI port. You have to use dual-link with two SDI cables to get 4:4:4 output. HD-SDI outputs 4:2:2. There is no way to get 4:4:4 out of an HD-SDI port on any camera anywhere. Someday in the future we'll see the new standard 3G-SDI, which will support 1080p 4:4:4, but that's a different standard. We're talking about HD-SDI.Uncompressed but with 8bit 4:2:2 croma sub-sampling you mean. 4:4:4 does not come out of the HD-sdi.
The only compromise in the AF100's HD-SDI output is that it's 8-bit instead of 10.
They're already popping up. The NanoFlash, Wafian, Cinedeck, and Ki Pro were first, and now we're seeing low-cost options like the Ki Pro and Ninja ($795 MSRP). And there will obviously be more.On that note, I would think there will be a big demand for external recorders that cover all the frame rates, over and undercranking, intra codecs and even JPEG2000. I hope this demand will be met and there will be many to choose from.
It really doesn't even have to be that expensive. I saw this video using a laptop as a portable recorder. I wouldn't want to record video this way but if one put the parts together in a more robust dependable fashion, you could get a highly versatile and inexpensive option.