The Rules

yes.. you will be sending me mpeg2 files, so any way you get to 16:9 is fine by me. Squeeze it, letterbox it, its all good.
 
yes.

Like Jarred said 16X9 or smaller (by which he meant wider) and if you shoot 4:3 he'll just blow it up to 16X9 and chop the top and bottom off.

So if you shoot 4:3 and letterbox to 1.85:1 then he will blow that up to 16X9 and chop the top and bottom off so you will have a little bit of a black box.

I'd do the uprezz myself if I were you though because he is just gonna batch process and however it looks is however it looks (though I guess you'd be fine since you'll have a little safe zone with the 1.85:1).
 
MOVIE STUNTS said:
Question... For those of us who have not submitted movies before how will this be done?

After you are finished your film, you will enter online via a form and then upload both a Quicktime streamable file and a MPEG 2 file to our servers.
 
If I post in my blog, updating about my production, will this disqualify me? Even if I don't advertise on dvxuser, "hey, check out http://... for production updates"?
 
Yes that will disqualify you.
Email a grab or information to a friend = OK
Post information or a grab in your blog = not OK.
The difference? One is public the other is private.

The only place you can publicly promote is here in the forum until voting has closed. :thumbsup:
 
yeah Im like the hardcore advocate for people doing that. make a set up like I do but email what you want to show to people, but not the leech over where like you ask people to come here then join. that happened on scififest with similo and caused deal of other problems and stupid posts.
 
Jarred,

When the shorts are ready for viewing, are you going to release them all at the same time, or stagger it with uploads as-and-when to the list?

I think it's fair to speak on everyone's behalf when I say we all wish it was the 'release all at the same time'.

Although there were technical issues that made you do the latter, right?

EJ
 
I haven't been through this before but do the films become the sole property of DVXuser or do we still retain the rights after the contest has closed. I don't know what's on the entry form.

I know that you sell them on the DVD, which seems fair to me, but can I do other things with my short...other fests, etc?

My short will be based off of a feature I'm prepping and I can't be giving away the rights to the title and content exclusively.

Thanks,

Jason
 
no we do not own the rights.. we purely only obtain rights to show it here for competition, and put it on and distribute it on the Horrorfest DVD... thats it, you can sell it to whoever else you want.

you can enter other festivals as well, but it cant be seen anywhere till after October 1st.
 
EJ Pennypacker said:
Jarred,

When the shorts are ready for viewing, are you going to release them all at the same time, or stagger it with uploads as-and-when to the list?

I think it's fair to speak on everyone's behalf when I say we all wish it was the 'release all at the same time'.

Although there were technical issues that made you do the latter, right?

EJ

as always, they are all released at the same time.
 
Thanks Jarred. Sound more than fair to me.

Now, all I've got to see is if anybody will buy into a horror movie without any gore. :)
 
insanityfw said:
Thanks Jarred. Sound more than fair to me.

Now, all I've got to see is if anybody will buy into a horror movie without any gore. :)
Hudson, The Machinist and Filmjunkie677 LOVE horror without gore :evil:
 
insanityfw said:
Now, all I've got to see is if anybody will buy into a horror movie without any gore. :)


Sure, they're called supernatural thrillers. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)




Blaine, you got that right. lol.
 
Filmjunkie677 said:
Sure, they're called supernatural thrillers. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)



Blaine, you got that right. lol.

OK, so then my entry is going to be a supernatural/thriller/horror movie. :)
 
Jack Daniel Stanley said:
Yes that will disqualify you.
Email a grab or information to a friend = OK
Post information or a grab in your blog = not OK.
The difference? One is public the other is private.

The only place you can publicly promote is here in the forum until voting has closed. :thumbsup:

Wondering if this includes posting on sites to recruit cast/crew? Or is this simply for actual promotion of the film?

As this is my first DVX "fest" I'm a little unclear on it.
 
Back
Top