The 'One thing I've learned' Thread.....

VersuS

Veteran
Ok...since we're only hours away from the deadline...and even though 90% of you are still working to complete your projects....I thought about starting a thread where each one can say the ONE thing he learned from this experience...

Ok ok...we have all learned more than one thing...but to avoid biography writting....I thought it would be a good exercise for the reader and the writer to think of THE ONE BIG THING he learned..the one that topped the rest...the one thing he should definitely share.

To start my own thread then...

---->The one thing I've learned by doing Love Is The Most Deceptive Feeling and The Door Between...is that I can live with no crew, I can live with no real actors and terrible voice overs....what I can't live without is proper lighting. I've had the worst time of my life, trying to use shots that were so under-lit that you couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl....trying to squeeze in so many filters,one to light the shot, the other to bring down noise...another to diffuse...another to make my hair look cool....gosh! Not that with a decent lighting kit I wouldn't do CC and stuff....but it's different making your information look cool/sharp rather than trying to make it look like something...anything...

So if I had to keep one thing from Horrorfest and from my experience with this...BUY LIGHTS BEFORE YOU BUY THE CAMERA!
 
The one thing I learned, and I am still learning, is when you are editing, don't think of it as trying to piece takes together. Think of it as trying to piece FRAMES together. You don't have 80 takes to work with. You have 9000 frames to work with. And it's all about how you rearrange and put those frames together.


John G.
 
I have learned that a lot of post production work goes into a 6 minute film. I thought that the shoot would be the longest item. Not even close.
 
I have learned that even if you can do it all, you shouldn't.

I have found that I did so much, like everything, that I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I had to reshoot two very important scenes because while I was doing it all, I actually didn't follow my own direction (as an actor). I was more focused on the production values and framing and whether or not I was in the frame. Forget about trying to "act."
 
I've learned that you can create an interesting short with a little bit of luck and a bunch of creativity :) Creativity solves a butt-load of problems...
 
apollyon said:
I have learned that I have a lot to learn...

Yeah thats me I'm not sure theres any one thing that sticks out... oo wait when your filming two woman making out dont let anyone on the set :) I thought a boyfreind and a husband where gonna pass out :)


// OO hey check it Apollyon is making a movie "Devil Inside" thats funny.
 
Michael_Petro said:
oo wait when your filming two woman making out dont let anyone on the set :).
Wait!!!!!! You've got two women making out in your Horrorfest movie?!?!?! :shocked:
 
no matter how much vaseline you think you have on an actress.... its not enough. it will not prevent latex masks from sticking to her skin. or you own arm.
 
Blaine said:
Wait!!!!!! You've got two women making out in your Horrorfest movie?!?!?! :shocked:


Look out below.. NOW watch "BETRAYED" :)

makeout.jpg
 
Last edited:
The most important thing that I learned is that no matter how much I think I can do at once, and no matter what I've been able to pull off in the past... a focus puller is a must have (with 35mm adapter) - no matter what - for every shot - ALWAYS.

The second most import thing that I learned is that I need to watch betrayed.
:kiss:
 
snodart said:
The most important thing that I learned is that no matter how much I think I can do at once, and no matter what I've been able to pull off in the past... a focus puller is a must have (with 35mm adapter) - no matter what - for every shot - ALWAYS.

The second most import thing that I learned is that I need to watch betrayed.
:kiss:


:) well I hope you like it...Thanks :)
 
Back
Top