Sony to join the DSLR Race??

HMC150 competitor? I obviously missed some of the posts, sorry. I thought this was supposed to be a "high end cinema"... well, somewhere in that direction.
 
Look at the picture -- that doesn't look like "high end cinema" to me, that looks like a traditional 1/3" - 1/2" handheld video camera, more like an FX7 or EX1.
 
Reading the translated google page, I expect this to be a new tapeless low-end camera. They talk about how the theme is "the next generation flow" (implying something beyond the current tape generation) and the "latest equipment Totaruwakufuro HD file-based system". To me that says tapeless memory card recording, so probably a 1/3" HMC150 competitor using AVCHD to MemoryStick (keeping with the "next generation" theme) or XDCAM-EX to either memorystick or SxS.

The will ALSO be demonstrating their 4K/3D high-end cinema workflow, but surely that won't be anchored by a 1/3"-looking video camera...
 
Usually the place to go is on the manufacturer's site to the "press room". Anyone have a link to that so we can get some translated google docs flowing when they hit the press room?
 
Barry, I did see the picture. I am thinking of the Panasonic announcement of the their Ultra codec camera, and DSLRs offering large sensors. So an $8,000+ Prosumer that incorporates one of those elements, a big leap forward yet crippled so as not to compete with the real high end. I just see a step in between developing, but I wouldn't know as much about trends in cameras so I was asking you.
 
Reading the translated google page, I expect this to be a new tapeless low-end camera. They talk about how the theme is "the next generation flow" (implying something beyond the current tape generation) and the "latest equipment Totaruwakufuro HD file-based system". To me that says tapeless memory card recording, so probably a 1/3" HMC150 competitor using AVCHD to MemoryStick (keeping with the "next generation" theme) or XDCAM-EX to either memorystick or SxS.

The will ALSO be demonstrating their 4K/3D high-end cinema workflow, but surely that won't be anchored by a 1/3"-looking video camera...

Based on the graphic, that's a great guess- but why all the rumors about Alpha lenses? Hmm...
 
Back
Top