So I just bought a XL1s....

I am skimming through posts for possible upgrades but I need a little bit of help. I will state the truth here. I have never owned a video camera in my entire life. The XL2 is my FIRST camera. I am only 20 years of age and I am quite stubborn. I didn't want to invest in a cheap camera since knowing myself, I would just drop it and buy something better within a few weeks. Anyways, what are some good upgrades? Price isn't really a major issue but if I can get away with $2000 worth of upgrades, I will be happy.

Edit: I just looked at some test footage of that JVC HD100 and almost **** my pants. I can not believe how awesome the picture quality is.
 
Last edited:
Morox said:
Edit: I just looked at some test footage of that JVC HD100 and almost shi* my pants. I can not believe how awesome the picture quality is.

That´s how most people reacted when they see well produced footage of either the newer small form factor HD cams...
Hell, even the FX1 shines in MacGregors stuff!
Nevertheless when ending up on DVD, the differences won´t be that big I suppose (but viewing footage on the web, which was compressed from HD looks so much nicer IMO...)
 
If I get a 35mm adapter, which one would be the best choice? Do I need any other accessories that go along with the adapter before I can use it and where can I get the specific adapter?
 
Back
Top