C500: SIGMA Cine Lenses, soon!

Would definitely like to hear reviews and see footage. Nobody has been able to verify if these are parfocal, have they?
 
C-series camera auto-focus makes all lenses with auto-focus parfocal. :)

These are cinema lenses, though, so focusing will be so difficult you may have to, oh, I don't know, use a follow focus and an AC. Cruel world!

Fortunately AC rates are pretty low. I'm paying around $60 per month for my AC.


At 3.2 lbs for the 18-35, I suppose you could get away with not using lens support which could be nice in some situations. I suppose if you're using a follow focus, though, you may be more likely to want the added rigidity of lens support, regardless of weight.

The 50-100 is 4.2 lbs. The Angenieux EZ zooms are 15-40 and 30-90 T/2 at 4.6 lbs and around twice the price. Those Angenieux zooms seem too good to be true.

I imagined one scenario where one could own a set of Cooke miniS4/i T/2.8 prime lenses, along with the Angeniux T/2 zooms, and saying on set, "Let's take the prime off and switch to the zoom so we can get a shallower depth of field/let in more light." Weird.
 
Last edited:
Last year was a lot hotter here in LA, we almost needed an AC in Venice? Global warming i suppose.
I used a set of Zeiss ZF primes on my my Sony F3, they looked lovely, I will be using these with my C500 as well, with a nikon to canon mount adapter ( Novoflex and Cinevate ) I may get the Leitax fixed mounts for the ZF lenses. Maybe next year I'll be able to buy a couple of cine zooms, not sure which ones yet. On the zoom front I have the Nikon 35-70 2.8 and the Nikon 80-200 2.8 These have been great on both the F3, and the C cameras, I might get that 17-55 2.8 Canon and the 24-70 2.8 till I get the Cine zooms. I Also use a Tokina 11-16 ( not too bad )
 
I have a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 and a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L II IS. I used to use the Nikon for interviews until I got the Canon, but sometimes I think about going back to the Nikon as I liked how interviews with it looked. Seemed sharper than the Canon. But I haven't done direct comparisons.
 
Eric, care to comment on a your finding on working with the C300 MarkII, and any sound issues? you'll find us over in the C500 and Atomos post in Cinema EOS.
 
I agree Eric, those new Angenieux zooms seem to be the ones to get, incredible for the price, assuming they live up to the brand's typical image quality.
 
Back
Top