Should we talk about the films?

I'm SO curious to see what people thought, but scared to death at the same time ... since this is one of the hardest things I've ever accomplished, it'd be tough to hear people blasting the crap out of it.
 
Is anybody else having trouble seeing complete .wmv files? I've dl'd them from the new server link, but they all are only playing for less than a minute and then restarting. The QT files seem to be fine, though.
 
Yeah I know what you mean. It has taken me a long time to get up and see something through to completion. I've been battling depression for years and man it sucks, so easy to convince yourself not to do anything. But this contest...I don't know. I figured it would be fun. I'm not really satisfied with how mine turned out (since I only found out about it on the 1st of Sept and was leaving for vacation in Italy on the 9th!!!), but I'm so happy I saw something through and finished it. At the very least it's given me something I didn't have before...hope. Yeah I don't want to hear my movie get trashed and stuff but I'ma ctually happy just to have made a movie people can trash. I'm reshooting mine in the spring when I can prep better and actually get all the shots I really wanted. In the meantime, I'm shooting my next short in October! Whether people like my movie or think I'm the next Ed Wood doesn't matter to me anymore. What its done for me I don't think anyone can take away and for that I'm grateful to DVXUser!

Robert
 
Wow, well said, Robert. Sometimes the best medication for depression is just getting off one's butt & having a taste of accomplishment & pride in a job done.
 
Agreed, Robert! It takes a lot of effort to do a short film. Everyone who submitted a film deserves a pat on the back (not to mention a t-shirt :grin: ).
 
As for the viewability of the films... I just downloaded hienben's "The Afflicted" and it wouldn't play. That's a QT film and I downloaded QT7, but it still just showed a "?" over the QT logo.

I would like to see discussion threads, but at the same time I think that could affect the total number of votes a movie gets... but then again I think it's gonna' go how it goes no matter what. I just watched one of the films I said I wanted to... hint, hint... Scooby Doo and ?.... Anyway I thought that one was pretty tight. Maybe a little off in the pacing at times, but I rewatched my own flick after watching others and I just cringe... it's awful.

So anyway... I think the obvious winners will emerge even before the deadline... you'll see a few movie threads with a thousand replies and a few with just dozens... and that'll be your tip on where to place your chips.
 
I have 5 of the 60 files that I have downloaded that are unplayable. Hope to have them all by the time this evening ends (if it will ever end).
 
just skip a few frames, guys. There's 3 or 4 movies with errors like that. qt will crash, just bring it back up and skip past the glitch.
 
dj200423 said:
just skip a few frames, guys. There's 3 or 4 movies with errors like that. qt will crash, just bring it back up and skip past the glitch.

I tried doing that with the A Girl and Her Zombie, and it didn't work. I only watch a few so far, but that's the only one that I'm having trouble with.
 
MattinSTL said:
As for the viewability of the films... I just downloaded hienben's "The Afflicted" and it wouldn't play. That's a QT film and I downloaded QT7, but it still just showed a "?" over the QT logo.

That's strange because I downloaded it to test and it worked fine.
 
Jarred just deleted a huge Zombie thread, that's proabably what brought you guys down. :(
 
My pleasure. Want me to start asking you tons of questions, so you can try to get your post count back up?
 
And I look forward to your thoughts. :thumbsup:

Just about to watch Laughing Blood.
 
Back
Top