Short film HV20

Pretty interesting teaser on your website. It looks good. Was it shot on the hv20 also?

The short was pretty good as well.
 
Really cool story, good editing, and good shooting. A solid film.

I loved the simplicity. The simple cinematography really helps your crazy friend stand out. I especially liked way you did the credit sequence, very creative.
 
I think the camera is very capable, still a consumer camera, but for the money and the work arounds for manual settings, this camera is amazing.
 
I'm thinking of using the hv20 for a secondary camera to the xha1.

I haven't purchased neither, but I'm looking to step up to hd and like what I saw from the A1.

Any thoughts. Would the 720 footage match up?
 
They both do 1080 @ 24fps; the HV20 does it with true progressive scan, the XHA1 does it with interlaced chips and a special "24F" processing, but the end result is directly comparable.

But the HV20 doesn't provide an easy way to strip out the 2:3 pulldown, whereas the XHA1 records with no pulldown whatsoever.

HV20 can make some good looking shots, but it can also wobble. The XHA1 is a far superior camera, has much more image control, can make better looking images, and is immune to the wobble. (but it also costs 3x as much!)
 
"(but it also costs 3x as much!)"

Sounds like it will do for an ok secondary car mount or what ever. I have seen them as low as $850.00. I am taking baby steps into this hd arena. This really helped Barry.

Thanks
 
Back
Top