jamestmather
Well-known member
Hi everyone,
I have just pulled a pretty heavy u turn towards the canon in favour of a hvx in my head as I'm reading worrying reports of shadow noise etc. Also the pretty impressive res charts for the canon have piqued my interest -
My questions are these (and do forgive me if I am a little ignorant on some of the cameras issues but a canon rep couldn't explain the following)
1. Does the camera artifact with heavy movement due to compression.
2. does it suffer a preceptible res loss at 24f
3. does 24f look good (subjectively)?
4. whats the eyepiece look through like? Good contrast and colour? i'd like an onboard LCD personally but if the look through is good enough then okay.
5. Is the focus ring repeatable and dependable or that crazy servo spinning system (any sort of feet/inches/distance readout?)
6. can I output uncompressed SDI to some kind of portable firestore or does it require a system with some heavy import card? (the web is woefully silent on the matter of uncompressed SDI output - and Is this output suitable for Greenscreen or expanded colour space work)
7. Does the camera have reasonable latitude? highlight clipping?
8. and lastly, what about noise?
answering any of these questions would be a big help
Many thanks
James
I have just pulled a pretty heavy u turn towards the canon in favour of a hvx in my head as I'm reading worrying reports of shadow noise etc. Also the pretty impressive res charts for the canon have piqued my interest -
My questions are these (and do forgive me if I am a little ignorant on some of the cameras issues but a canon rep couldn't explain the following)
1. Does the camera artifact with heavy movement due to compression.
2. does it suffer a preceptible res loss at 24f
3. does 24f look good (subjectively)?
4. whats the eyepiece look through like? Good contrast and colour? i'd like an onboard LCD personally but if the look through is good enough then okay.
5. Is the focus ring repeatable and dependable or that crazy servo spinning system (any sort of feet/inches/distance readout?)
6. can I output uncompressed SDI to some kind of portable firestore or does it require a system with some heavy import card? (the web is woefully silent on the matter of uncompressed SDI output - and Is this output suitable for Greenscreen or expanded colour space work)
7. Does the camera have reasonable latitude? highlight clipping?
8. and lastly, what about noise?
answering any of these questions would be a big help
Many thanks
James