reservation made - what's your plans???

nalu

Active member
Those of you who have made your reservation, what's you plans for using RED??

Will you be using it for cinema, TV content (drama, sport, lifestyle?), corporate?????

What other uses? Intertested to hear what productios you undertake and what your application of RED will be.

Me? I'm number 179 (whoop) and plan to produce action sports content, high end corporate and documentray content. I'll look at probably two basic zoom lenses and will building a water housing to shoot surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing. I imagine I'll only use it for 1080p initially but would love to work on 2 and 4K projects . (the ability to shoot 4K but offline at a lower res will be very valuable if this is possible)

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/smilies/smiley.gif
 
Last edited:
We haven't made our reservation quite yet, but we plan on doing it very soon. We're not in as much of a hurry to get one, but we will be getting one and we will be using it for cinema. Full length feature films.
 
Cut4 Media Group will use our RED One cameras for:

- Feature films (4k or 2k)
- Indie films (2k or 1080p)
- HDTV programs and stock footage in the following genres: alternative sports, adventure travel, music, reality, documentaries, cultures, cuisine, mainstream travel, military, nature, events, mainstream sports (1080p or 720p)
- Commercials (2k, 1080p, or 720p)
- Infomercials (2k, 1080p, or 720p)
- Business videos (1080p or 720p)
- News b-roll (1080i for news, and 1080p for promos)
- POV deck (1080p or 720p, with a cigar cam)
- POV vehicle mount camera (2k, 1080p, or 720p)
- In-water camera with a custom housing (2k, 1080p, or 720p)
- Aerial hand held and aircraft mounted (2k, 1080p, or 720p)
- Teaching tools for workshops (selected formats)
- Events (1080p, 1080i, 720p)
- Film festival demonstrations (selected formats)
- Broadcast teases and promos (1080p and 720p)
- Public service announcement (1080p and 720p)
- My kids soccer games (don't laugh - 720p60 for that!)

And there will undoubtedly be many more uses and genres we will think of!!

Gibby
www.cut4.tv
 
I don't have a pre-order - so I hope I can still play this game. ;)

I'm using my CNC machine to build a custom underwater ROV that will be able to handle the ONE camera with lens. I plan to shoot shipwrecks and any other interesting features I can get to, starting with the Great Lakes then moving on to Ocean work. I will be starting at a 250ft max depth, and moving to 1,000ft-3,000ft within a year. I hope I get the chance to use the RED ONE for this, as the video would be amazing.

Most of the video will be given away freely, or on a no-profit DVD, under a Creative Commons license. I also plan to make both myself and my ROV available to local high-schools and colleges that are interested - free of charge, of course.
 
Last edited:
nice matrix Gibby.. nice to see people already creating a roadmap for their cameras when they arrive.

Ill be using it for mostly Dramatic work and Commercials. For Events etc. the HVX or DVX will probally be a better match.
 
Jarred Land said:
Ill be using it for mostly Dramatic work and Commercials. For Events etc. the HVX or DVX will probally be a better match.

Don't you think RED would be very good for low light in events, with it's super sensor?
Although of course, with the HVX and DVX you could set up 2 cameras, and I don't think you already have 2 RED cameras coming up... :)
 
I am unclear, if yo uguys wanna use it for underwater stuff, how are you recording? i thought it only captured through SDI outputs to a computer or raid array. Is it supposed to have an on board recording system?
 
yes.. Red Drive and Red Flash. Both are internal cartridges that record 2k down to the Red Codec.
 
Right now the only thing I can concentrate on is writing my mythology paper. When thats done I think I will use the red for anything I can get paid to do. Be it commercials, events or features. Of course I'm going to have to mortgage the house to have a credible setup for features, but nothing ventured nothing lost.
 
I plan to spend a lot less time worrying about camera issues...


poolguy.png
 
that is by far the lamest image ever posted on the forum :)

thanks for taking us back to the 80s craig ha ha ha
 
Jarred Land said:
that is by far the lamest image ever posted on the forum :)

Well I'd just like to thank all those who helped make all of this possible. No really, .. yes come on up here and share in...
 
RED 103 will be used for personal projects (usually shorts) and for friends personal projects ... at this time have no plans for any thing above 2k .. will make use S16 2k mode ... will start off using S16 lens and 35m nikor still lens ... will add red lens as they become available ...
 
JavaDog said:
I'm using my CNC machine to build a custom underwater ROV that will be able to handle the ONE camera with lens.

Yo J-Dog,

Count me in for one of those. I'll send you a brick of aluminum or acrylic or whatever it is you're going to mill.

I dove on a schooner off Evanston in the early '90s. First wreck dive. I'd like to check out some of those barges out there at 120 feet. One of 'em is supposed to have old cars on it, I think.
 
Back
Top