Reservation, Dealer gets direct from Panny or through a Distributor?

LightMast

Well-known member
Jan or other informed sources- how will delivery dates be from dealers who get the camera direct from Panasonic versus those who use a Distributor? Will there be differences in the allotments? Is there an advantage to either?

Thanks!
 
I cannot divulge how many we are going to ship as I do not know for sure. But I would say that not pre-ordering will likely not get you a camera in December.

Best,

Jan
 
Hey Jan:

Has there ever been a time when Panasonic sets a target date for one of its cameras but actually ships it much earlier? Or it is what it is?
 
Yeah I suspect if the Panasonic is saying Dec 27th for shipment, no one will get their cameras until early January, because the dealers have to get them and then they have to ship their orders. So it's not really December, it's January.
 
I know of a decent sized dealer that are only GUARENTEED 6-8 units on the first release. So if u really want one and have a job lined up, pre-ordering is smart.
 
Has there ever been a time when Panasonic sets a target date for one of its cameras but actually ships it much earlier? Or it is what it is?
IIRC, when the original DVX100 was introduced, it was announced and promised for October delivery, but actually arrived in late late September. So it has happened, I think they arrived maybe 10-12 days earlier than we were told they'd be out. But I wouldn't go making any business decisions based off that!
 
IIRC, when the original DVX100 was introduced, it was announced and promised for October delivery, but actually arrived in late late September. So it has happened, I think they arrived maybe 10-12 days earlier than we were told they'd be out. But I wouldn't go making any business decisions based off that!

Actually Christmas is at my in laws this year...and if I can use the excuse that I have to wait for my camera to arrive...I might be able to escape such pain in the rear....yay for the Christmas spirit!
 
Well we did say September delivery for the 3DA1, but we delivered in August. I do not see a repeat here. This is more complicated. New stuff being created here. So I think December 27 is the ship date.

Best,

jan
 
Back
Top