Reprieve - A Sentrosi productions film

Moojangles

Well-known member
2531450778_01c30fe03f_b.jpg






Update: Shooting has begun, first min or so done, grabs to come soon. So far, so good.

Written by Nick, aka Conspiracy Penguin.

Writing has basically finished, now working on pre-production including finalizing actors and getting all my locations and sets ready.

Going shopping this weekend for costumes, filming to start Monday night.

This will be my first DVXuser Fest, i'm pretty excited and i'd like to thank Nick for helping me flesh out my not at all solid ideas :)

Also shout out to Matt Gettemeier for coming up with some of the idea that led to this script.

More info to follow.

Actors: Mike Ramirez
Rina Onoyama
Pat Campbell
(TBA)
 
Last edited:
New Grabs:

2523139822_309a859796.jpg


2522316901_3b980f6c4d.jpg


2523138256_415fb7eaf3.jpg


2522315289_1a7b994403.jpg


2522134933_51bd4c15dc.jpg


2522134059_9320b68dd1.jpg


2522132309_7de44c5a76.jpg


2522133197_ccec48718e.jpg



No colour correction or anything yet. Just straight from ye olde DVX :) ... the SGpro helps too.
 
Last edited:
I have had a gret deal of fun working on this project. We went through multiple options before I finally brought an idea by Matt (MattinSTL) back to the table. Brad liked it and added a few comments of his own and I took it and made it into the screenplay. I was able to have a lot of creative freedom on this project since we didn't have a whole bunch to go on and I was extremely surprised when, after sending Brad the first rough draft, he came back telling me no edits were needed and he wanted to use it!

Good luck Brad, and everyone else! This should be a great short and a great fest!
 
what can i say? I didn't give him much to work with and he filled in the gaps that my mind was struggling with.

I've passed it around to a few friends and talked through it with some of the actors, it should be a fun project assuming we can get the filming done in time.

I think a proper score will help so the goal i guess is to get this project filmed edited and find a good composer to finish it off.

thanks for the help nick, i've spent the whole day working on my set, hopefully it'll turn out the way i envisioned.
 
Welcome to the party. This is definitely turning out to be a really exceptional film festival. I do not believe we've ever seen so many international entries.
 
Hey Brad, thanks for letting me know there was an update. The grabs look great. It is always so great for me to see something I wrote in real life. Great work and I look forward to seeing the finished piece!
 
thanks guys, glad you like it :)

got a big shoot tonight, getting a hotel room for one of the last scenes. Hopefully all goes well and i don't have issues, i haven't actually been able to scout the hotel room so we'll see how it all plays out. I have the shots in my mind ready to go, just gotta shoot em.

Whew, i'm excited to get more of a rough edit with almost all the content in.

Also i've been talking with "FDL film music composer" to see what he can come up with for some music as well as a local group called the Lava Project to add some tunes to the bar scene.

it's all coming together :)
 
So yesterday we got a single hotel room just up the road from my apartment so we could walk all the gear there.

Of course this is a low budget production so we paid for the hotel and brought up all the gear in bags so as not to draw attention to ourselves. It was a bit of a tight squeeze with both actors. And the scene requires us to knock and make a bit of noise --
(most will have to be re-dubbed after anyway)
-- so i was slightly worried we might run into some problems but luckily we were way up on the 5th floor and no one bothered us.

FDL (aka Dr. Francesco De Leonardis) should be attempting to get some music together this weekend. Hopefully i can send him an edit that is further along to help spur some more ideas.

The final shoot with the main talent should be this coming monday where we fill any gaps and do one last major scene.
Otherwise just some odds and ends to film with extras and some props. Should be done filming completely sometime next week!
 
Last edited:
It might be a little pre-emptive to say... but WE ARE DONE FILMING!

I'm gonna spend all night editing to make sure theres no filler i'm missing etc.. but its pretty much a wrap with all actors other than a few short voice-over pieces to record.

And I received the score that Francesco (FDL) has been working on. It sounds crazy good. I'm excited to see how it all fits together.

Hopefully this week will see the finished first draft of the full movie together, then its off to grading and audio finishing!

weeee
 
Wow, congrats on the wrap! First time I saw this thread here. An entry from japan (I miss it )! Grabs and poster looking really good!

Can't wait to see it :)
 
Thanks Simon, was reading about yours as well. Sounds cool. Gotta love the small crews!

Update:

Finished Editing!!!

Woo, sent the finished images off to Dr. De Leonardis to sync the score up and finish it off. I still have to add the credits and good ol' DVX thank you as well as some last little sound effect work but it's pretty much in-the-bag!

I'm happy!

June 16th is comin' quick and i'm really looking forward to watching every entry.

I've watched alot of DVXuser fest films before but now that i'm actually entering it just makes things that much more exciting. The most interesting thing for me will be to see everyones unique takes on the theme.

I hope watching all them will help stimulate ideas for the next fest! I'll probably be back in Canada for that one but who knows?

Here's to Time Fest!
 
Back
Top