Remote ViewFinder Help

Zephyrnoid

Veteran
This may be in the wrong thread...
I'm desperate for the obvious- I do this in many domains and today, the epiphany has occured while I was struggling to use the HV20.
Why has no one hacked or designed a remote Head Worn view-finder for Camcorders? Yes. I know, Viewfinders and screens are better, but wouldn't it make sense to utilize the burgeoning Heads Up display technology out there to completely separate the finder from the camera? I mean, tethered is good but eventually, wireless should be the norm.
This is one of my "throw it out there for comment" rhetorical questions.
Thanks!:engel017:
 

Attachments

  • shimadzu-dataglass-3a.jpg
    shimadzu-dataglass-3a.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
This may be in the wrong thread...
I'm desperate for the obvious- I do this in many domains and today, the epiphany has occured while I was struggling to use the HV20.
Why has no one hacked or designed a remote Head Worn view-finder for Camcorders? Yes. I know, Viewfinders and screens are better, but wouldn't it make sense to utilize the burgeoning Heads Up display technology out there to completely separate the finder from the camera? I mean, tethered is good but eventually, wireless should be the norm.
This is one of my "throw it out there for comment" rhetorical questions.
Thanks!:engel017:

Kessler Crane actually sells something like this I think. Basically an eyepiece that let you monitor the camera. I can't see it as being worth it though. The resolution has to be naturally low since you're cramming all of that into an eyepiece, and I seemed to read somewhere that it causes serious head-ache and disorientation. Doesn't seem worth it.
 
Back
Top