reducing audio reverb?

hepler

Active member
Hey guys, if I could ask for some advise please. I end up with a bit of reverb from interviews where I am stuck in an office or hallway, small room etc. I have not been able to find a good way in FCPX to reduce it. There are a lot of ways to introduce reverb but maybe I just haven't found it. I am definitely not a great audio guy, I have good mics and I try to get it as clean as possible but sometimes I just get stuck. I found a plugin for PP called reverb reduction (de-reverberation) from acon digital, and for $100 plug in it looks like a really good option but it won't work with final cut. I really would like to have iZotope but for $350 and then I have to round trip, so if I can find a cheaper plugin for fcpx that would be ideal. I would rather not have to round trip audio, but maybe that is what is necessary. So does anyone have any plugins for FC that they like for these types of situations where you just need to sweeten a little bit?
Thanks
 
If you have protools, I believe the de-verb plugin is included. There may be something free for audacity, too.

This level of plugin is somewhat "get what you pay for" though. And they usually sound a little strange if you have a lot of reverberance.

Cheapest solution is moving blankets and stands. Look on eBay for blankets, you can usually find them full black or black/silver which makes them useful for spill control & such; if you get a green or blue or orange one and have it close to the talent, you can get color casts.
 
Hey guys, if I could ask for some advise please. I end up with a bit of reverb from interviews where I am stuck in an office or hallway, small room etc. I have not been able to find a good way in FCPX to reduce it.

First, black print on a dark gray background is really annoying. Just so you know.

Second, what you're asking for is sort of like asking how you remove the salt from the cake you just baked.

That said, the latest versions of iZotope RX (current version is 5?) have a de-reverb tool that is reported to be rather helpful. But you need the Advanced version (that is, the expensive version).
 
Hey guys, if I could ask for some advise please. I end up with a bit of reverb from interviews where I am stuck in an office or hallway, small room etc. I have not been able to find a good way in FCPX to reduce it. There are a lot of ways to introduce reverb but maybe I just haven't found it. I am definitely not a great audio guy, I have good mics and I try to get it as clean as possible but sometimes I just get stuck. I found a plugin for PP called reverb reduction (de-reverberation) from acon digital, and for $100 plug in it looks like a really good option but it won't work with final cut. I really would like to have iZotope but for $350 and then I have to round trip, so if I can find a cheaper plugin for fcpx that would be ideal. I would rather not have to round trip audio, but maybe that is what is necessary. So does anyone have any plugins for FC that they like for these types of situations where you just need to sweeten a little bit?
Thanks
Been there, done that... Recorded VO for a scene on a beach in an interior location and had major reverb because I didn't treat the room (there is absolutely no reverb on a beach :/) If I remember correctly, I was able to do a little bit with RX4's de-reverb and I masked some of it by re-recording location ambient and adding some music...
 
I figured it out in audacity, it helped a ton. The black type was not intentional, just an oversight, didn't realize how sensitive the world has become.
 
Back
Top